Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

quick wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dblaine is an unknown quantity at this point
quick wheel question

Hi guys, just picked up an 02 Civic Ex and was looking to upgrade the wheels first.
I have a set 225/45/17 tires laying around and was looking to buy some 17x7 wheels for them.
I am on stock ride height not planning on dropping since this is my daily, but I'm confused on what offset I should run for the 17x7 wheels.
Kind of want to get rid of the hellasunk stock look.
Old 09-30-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: quick wheel question

Use this to help you out:

https://www.willtheyfit.com/

If you are not lowering the car then you really don't have to worry too much about rubbing.
Old 10-04-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dblaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: quick wheel question

Been doing a lot of research on this gen civic since this is literally my first Civic ever... I found out there isn't a lot of aftermarket support for this gen for some reason. Also found out the D17 engine is pretty much a no go for performance and whatnot.

But instead of 17" wheel I'm probably gonna run some 16" since that's what most are running. I'm a huge fan of meaty tire so I should be able to fit some 225/50/16 on there without problems since I won't be lowering. And from the research I've done I'm liking how flush/poke fitment setups on Civics look.

Think I could run a +15/+20 offset wheel with those thick 225's? Browsed all over and couldn't find anyone running a similar setup

EDIT: I'll definitely keep looking around for people running the setup I'm looking for. Would hate to waste money on something that's not gonna work