Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

And rotor number 3 is on its way out, awesome.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough
Re: And rotor number 3 is on its way out, awesome.

Lol was boutta ask the same thing^
Old 02-12-2013
Meh...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hensinger2010 will become famous soon enough

then idk what i have because there 4 lug and said to be off of a 03 rsx,
Old 02-12-2013
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Well they lied to you.

Obly the Acura El 01-05 or the ep3 02-03 have the 4 lug disc
Old 02-12-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

have you removed caliper and checked slider pins before ordering new calipers?
Old 02-15-2013
Meh...

i havent checked that no, but new symptom update, if im at a stop and press the brake pedal down with more force than usual it creaks. dont know if that will help diagnose
Old 02-18-2013
Registered!!

johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Hensinger2010
i havent checked that no, but new symptom update, if im at a stop and press the brake pedal down with more force than usual it creaks. dont know if that will help diagnose
Mine does that too, even with new pads and rotors. Is the noise under the dash? If you aren't moving it eliminates quite a bit. Low quality rotors don't last, blanks, slotted, drilled doesn't matter. Good parts are expensive. I've relegated that cheap or expensive rotors both warp. It isn't cost effective to turn them. Just slap some new cheaps on when the shaking gets too bad to take. I've noticed that split LCA bushings have some weird symptoms too. Obviously they aren't gonna chew your rotors up, but some shakes on gas vs off gas I've attributed to LCA bushings. (As an aside ordering poly next, the crap design eats rubber ones.) Ezone can be abrasive to some, but rest assured he is a smart guy. See his last comment, OEM and autozone doesn't go in the same sentence. If the guy behind the counter has car experience that amounts to sitting in the driver's seat I am not shopping there. Yes, box parts stores are now the norm, but get your parts from a decent parts house man. 99% of the time they beat AZ prices and their quality is better.
Old 02-18-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johndeerebones
Ezone can be abrasive to some,
Abrasive.....Like a handy with a sandpaper mitten!
Old 02-19-2013
Meh...

thats why i dont understand why people like cats but whatever, regardless i have some pictures of my rear brakes maybe that could help that debacle, gonna try to get on the car this week have some days off but it looks like snow, and with no garage, the ground becomes my best friend. also update while hitting the brakes yesterday my caliper popped out one of the roasted pads, i believe the outside one, looks like im e-braking until the blank gets here. Thanks Again Guys
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Rear Brakes.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	84720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Back Rear Brakes.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	84721  
Old 02-19-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

looks like im e-braking until the blank gets here. Thanks Again Guys
Holy poop!
Either go to DangerZone and get another one, or get a bus pass.
Don't be a menace to society.
Old 02-19-2013
Meh...

im barely driving at this point, usps says theyll be here on friday which is the first day i work again, trying to get it done just the timing sucks. Any idea on those rear brakes?

Name:	Rear Brakes Un-Boxed.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	84722  
Old 02-19-2013

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Those rears are from either a ep3 (american 02-03 civic si) or an Acura el 01-05 (Canadian model)

So if you are in the US, then obviously it will be from the si (99%)
Old 02-19-2013

The only way those will stop a car right now is if you use them as wheel chocks.
Old 02-19-2013

lol. you can just get those rotors resurfaced. as long as there are no cracks or any signs of warping, then you'll be ok.
Old 02-19-2013
Meh...

Planned on

blank and pads just came in time to play in the snow and find my four way :/

Last edited by Hensinger2010; 02-20-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-20-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ezone
Only if you pay for it.

The $12 compressed walnut shell brake pads from DangerZone don't qualify.
Not to start a war here, but I have the AZ pads gold or whatever the "high end" ones are, and I am more happy with those then the OEM, since the OEM kept cracking on me..just my .02. (Its the only aftermarket part on my car, since I could no longer stand OEM pads)
Old 02-20-2013

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
Not to start a war here, but I have the AZ pads gold or whatever the "high end" ones are, and I am more happy with those then the OEM, since the OEM kept cracking on me..just my .02. (Its the only aftermarket part on my car, since I could no longer stand OEM pads)
Those are the duralast hold/cmax. Those arnt in the $12 range. But AZ does have some really really ridiculously cheap brake pads and that's what ezone was talking about.

I've used the c-max on my friends 03 em2 and they work more than wonderful for his needs
Old 02-20-2013
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Am I the only one having trouble cracking OEM pads?
Old 02-20-2013

How do you do that?

Heat, or rust/age?
Old 02-20-2013

i have never cracked an oem pad....given that i have only used about 50% of it before i swap it out for hawk hps pads. oem pads just couldnt hang in the canyons.

but even with my canyon driving, they never cracked.
Old 02-20-2013
Meh...

so now that everything is out on the kitchen table we have..... a caliper with the outside pad connection completely ground down about 1/4th of an inch and a seized piston, two perfectly good slider pins, 1 bent pad holder, 1 good pad, and a rotor with less than half thickness on the outside. everything new goes on tomorrow, gonna be fun bleeding alone. Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 02-21-2013
Registered!!

How do you do that?

Heat, or rust/age?
I suppose its heat, I am not super hard on em, but it happened to two sets of OEM pads.

They develope small hairline cracks and then start grinding WAY before they are even halfway worn..

No sure if I got 2 bad batches or they just dont like me..
Been running these autozones for 2 years and they are still holding up.

No trouble with the OEM rotors warping.
Old 02-21-2013

It's weird how your pads cracked without being pushed. I have faded mine out several times and still nothing.

Ate you running blank rotors or drilled/slotted?
Old 02-21-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

and a seized piston,
wow.
so that was culprit?
Old 02-21-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
It's weird how your pads cracked without being pushed. I have faded mine out several times and still nothing.

Ate you running blank rotors or drilled/slotted?
Blank, OEM Hondas.

Sorry to derail the thread, but OP got his prob solved it seems
Old 02-21-2013
Meh...

Wanna see too bad! You have to anyway! and no worries 04 honda talk it out, do what you will, can close whenever

Name:	shaved caliper.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	84741   Click image for larger version

Name:	seized piston.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	84742   Click image for larger version

Name:	F'd Caliper.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	84743  
Old 02-21-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Sandro called that in the first few posts
Old 02-22-2013
Meh...

i shudder for the em2 owner who gets that remanufactured core, sorry
Old 02-22-2013

i shudder for the em2 owner who gets that remanufactured core, sorry
Why? It'll have all new seals and maybe a sandpapered piston.

Sandblast the thing so the bolts can't ever thread in again, spraypaint and it will be gooder than new.

The rest is not important.

A-1 Cardone rebuild for the LOLZ
Old 02-23-2013
Meh...

A-1 Cardone rebuild for the LOLZ
:Exhale, thanks for everyone who was actually a help.
Old 02-23-2013
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i got autozone weaver gold pads they stop my car just fine.

Quick Reply: And rotor number 3 is on its way out, awesome.