Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

My new STOPPERS are here (5 PM surprise)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
My new STOPPERS are here (5 PM surprise)

I told you it would be a no brainer once I told you.
This is the 5:00 surprise.

Integra Type R Brakes!

My brakes were shot anyways, I figure why not upgrade?
Specs....
Honda (Nissin) DC2R Calipers
11" rotors (redrilled to 4x100)
Axxis Ultimate Pads
They can come with SS brake lines too, I opted out of them since I already have them.

The kit is from Fastbrakes. They've been making this kit for years, and its been known to work quite well.
What makes this kit so fantastic is its sneaky, it looks like a factory caliper because it is.
It fits under 15" wheels (may not clear some factory wheels, but keep in mind the ITR had 15s).
Its CHEAP. This whole rig was $335 ($400 w/ SS lines). For reference, honda charges 112/caliper after core return and about $50 a rotor and $50 for pads for Civic brakes.
The calipers aren't that much bigger than stock... the effect on the bias and the ABS is for all practical purposes non-existent.
Simply fantastic, I can't wait to get these babies on.

There's a catch.... in order for them to fit, the side of the caliper bracket that doesn't mount to the car needs to be ground down 4mm to clear the rotor due to differences in the ITR knuckle vs. every other knuckle honda has made (this would be the side you see in the 3rd picture). Its minor, there's plenty of beef there. Other than that, this is STRAIGHT BOLT ON.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 11-23-2005 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stlblues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Those are sweet. When are you putting them on? You will have to let us know if you encounter any problems putting them on and how they feel, stop, etc.
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Nice upgrade. You better post pics of them with your new rim once their on.
Old 11-23-2005
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
i was waiting for you to post this since we talked on HT props to you man
Old 11-23-2005
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
Nice rug! Goes well with the hardwood floor.

Edit: Oh yeah, congrats on the brakes! We need pics of these installed asap!
Old 11-23-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
for a second there i though u got DC2 5 lug brakes but i didnt see the red brembo calipers...nice upgrade tho
Old 11-23-2005
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
very nice I was wondering if this upgrade would work on a 7th gen. What is the stock rotor size for the 7th gen? Take some comparison pics and let us know how the install goes
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
i'd like this upgrade in the future....i seen this not to long ago on here but can't remember whose ride
Old 11-23-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
The guy in Thailand who's name is slipping my mind did a Prelude upgrade.... essentially the same thing.
Old 11-23-2005

Originally Posted by djmota
very nice I was wondering if this upgrade would work on a 7th gen. What is the stock rotor size for the 7th gen? Take some comparison pics and let us know how the install goes
the stock rotor size for mostly all civic's and integra's is 10.2' and the itr are 11'
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
The guy in Thailand who's name is slipping my mind did a Prelude upgrade.... essentially the same thing.
wasn't it maybe itr front calipers and prelude rear....doesn't matter but i hadn't seen anything like it at the time
Old 11-23-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Mockup

Old 11-23-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Berg_Tomaru?
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mockup looks like hotsauce, good buy, best of luck w. the upgrading

edit: I *heart* Nissin brakes, my 900RR has a pair of 4 pots, great feel
Old 11-23-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BoilerMaker1
There's a catch.... in order for them to fit, the side of the caliper bracket that doesn't mount to the car needs to be ground down 4mm to clear the rotor due to differences in the ITR knuckle vs. every other knuckle honda has made (this would be the side you see in the 3rd picture).
Uh... what?
I did not understand three words out of that paragraph... and that's the paragraph I wanted to undestand!

Mockups... bah... you suck... cuz that combination you got there rules! So beautiful!

Can I have them for Christmas?

BTW, how come all the prices I see are over $450??? [EDIT] I was looking under the DC2R category... checked Civic, there it is!... lol

Last edited by ramcosca; 11-23-2005 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-23-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
If I don't have any ABS, the ABS problem won't affect me, right? I wanna learn!
Old 11-23-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by ramcosca
If I don't have any ABS, the ABS problem won't affect me, right? I wanna learn!
It warns against slamming them without ABS because they'll lock, but it doesn't say you can't use them.
Old 11-23-2005

edicivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
V Nice! Are they for the front only? What do you do on the rears?
Old 11-24-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
damn i want those so bad, props to you
Old 11-24-2005

what kind of wheels are those and what size are they ?
Old 11-24-2005
Registered!!

ManUtd0018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mrDFWmechanic
what kind of wheels are those and what size are they ?
dude, it says right there on the rim, Enkei.
Old 11-24-2005

no **** their enkei but what model nvm i'll look them up myself
Old 11-25-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
other thread he said they were custom so he won't tell price....16x8.....
Old 12-02-2005
Registered!!

boostaddict is on a distinguished road
Get these on yet? Any updates? I was gonna do this, but I dont know anyone who has yet - so tell me if they are worth it...
Old 12-02-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Sunday (I hope)
Old 12-03-2005

K20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the rough
Sunday (I hope)
I hope so too, this is something that I'd be interested in doing. Will you be using an angle grinder to get the 4mm of clearance?
Old 12-03-2005

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Awesome upgrade...congrats! Are you painting the calipers?
Old 12-03-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
damn, they really fill the wheels nicely.
Old 12-03-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold

is it just me or are you putting blue valve caps on these rims...and as for lug nuts...Ray's?
Old 12-03-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by Shroomster

is it just me or are you putting blue valve caps on these rims...and as for lug nuts...Ray's?
Enkei gives you blue valve stems with the wheels. In the interest of me not giving a **** (and not caring to pay for new ones), I'm using them.
I'm not painting the calipers (same reason as valvestems)
And yes to the angle grinder.
Yes to rays nuts... I've had them for a few years now.

Quick Reply: My new STOPPERS are here (5 PM surprise)