Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Acceleration increase with lighter wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Acceleration increase with lighter wheels?

If I upgrade my stock wheels to rims of exactly the same size, but that are lighter, will there be any increase in acceleration?

I would assume there would, but I'm not entirely sure.

Thanks,

IronFist
Old 06-09-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Not substantial enough to make a huge difference. You may notice a little quicker takeoff, but thats really about it. You're not going to pull tenths off of your ET if thats what you're thinking, but its a start. It just reduces the inertia from the reduced weight of the rims, but once you're rolling, thats pretty much the end of the advantage.
Old 06-09-2003
Autocross Junky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Wheel weight question

this goes in to detail on the subject.