Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Needing some help with wheel/tire sizes

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011
Civic Novice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bp957 is an unknown quantity at this point
Needing some help with wheel/tire sizes

I'm new to the forum and recently picked up a 02 Civic Sedan LX and I am trying to figure out what size wheels and tires to go with. I am looking at these wheels:

Enkei EDR9

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheel..._blk_ci3_l.jpg

I am trying to decide between a 16" or 17" and and can't decide on which offset will be best. Any help or advice anyone can give will be helpful. Feel free to post up some pics of what you have.
Thanks in advance
Old 10-18-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
Re: Needing some help with wheel/tire sizes

Originally Posted by bp957
I'm new to the forum and recently picked up a 02 Civic Sedan LX and I am trying to figure out what size wheels and tires to go with. I am looking at these wheels:

Enkei EDR9

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheel..._blk_ci3_l.jpg

I am trying to decide between a 16" or 17" and and can't decide on which offset will be best. Any help or advice anyone can give will be helpful. Feel free to post up some pics of what you have.
Thanks in advance
I got these except in silver and 17"
check out the pics on my page
Old 10-18-2011
Civic Novice

Slim,

Nice Car! What is the offset of your wheels? I am trying to decide between the 38 or 45. What size tires are you running?
Old 10-18-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Welcome to the site man

+38 off-set on 17''s would look nice, but they'll be a bit more difficult to fit if you plan on lowering the car in the future or it already is, you'd need to remove your fender splash guards and you might need to roll the fenders a bit. With +45 you could run 215/45/17 without any rubbing issues up to 2'' lowered, that's the exact tire size that many of us on the site run.
Old 10-19-2011
Registered!!

Speed9117 will become famous soon enough

Yeah I would go with +45 for 17s.
I believe that's the offset for my wheels. If not, it's +43 and I have no rubbing issued with 215/40/17 tires. I'm lowered an inch and a half too.

Cool wheel choice btw. I think those will look good.
Old 10-19-2011
Civic Novice

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Welcome to the site man

+38 off-set on 17''s would look nice, but they'll be a bit more difficult to fit if you plan on lowering the car in the future or it already is, you'd need to remove your fender splash guards and you might need to roll the fenders a bit. With +45 you could run 215/45/17 without any rubbing issues up to 2'' lowered, that's the exact tire size that many of us on the site run.

Thanks Man! That is exactly the info I was trying to figure out. I know the wheel/tire question gets beat to death sometimes..lol
The car is pretty much stock right now and I will probably end up lowering it when money permits. If I run a 215/45/17 on stock height will it raise the car up any or will it still look stock height?

Originally Posted by Speed9117
Yeah I would go with +45 for 17s.
I believe that's the offset for my wheels. If not, it's +43 and I have no rubbing issued with 215/40/17 tires. I'm lowered an inch and a half too.

Cool wheel choice btw. I think those will look good.

Thanks! I have looked at wheels until my eyes feel like they are about to bleed.lol It seems like I keep coming back to those wheels. I am trying to go for a murdered out look on the car (something I've always wanted to do with a Civic) I'm trying to figure out now the best way to turn my emblems black without messing them up
Old 10-19-2011
Registered!!

Speed9117 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bp957
Thanks Man! That is exactly the info I was trying to figure out. I know the wheel/tire question gets beat to death sometimes..lol
The car is pretty much stock right now and I will probably end up lowering it when money permits. If I run a 215/45/17 on stock height will it raise the car up any or will it still look stock height?

Thanks! I have looked at wheels until my eyes feel like they are about to bleed.lol It seems like I keep coming back to those wheels. I am trying to go for a murdered out look on the car (something I've always wanted to do with a Civic) I'm trying to figure out now the best way to turn my emblems black without messing them up
1. I believe the 215/45/17 tires are pretty close to the same size as the stock tires so the actual height shouldn't be much different, but it looks kinda weird. I had my wheels like 2 years before I lowered my car and it didn't look great, but I still liked it a lot better than stock.

2. As far as the emblems go there are two ways to approach it. I've heard of people taking them off, sanding them with really fine grit sandpaper to take the chrome off then painting them with black paint. The other option is a black tint paint that will go onto the chrome. I believe Dupi-color makes a product like this. That would probably be the easier route.
Old 10-20-2011
Civic Novice

Originally Posted by Speed9117
1. I believe the 215/45/17 tires are pretty close to the same size as the stock tires so the actual height shouldn't be much different, but it looks kinda weird. I had my wheels like 2 years before I lowered my car and it didn't look great, but I still liked it a lot better than stock.

2. As far as the emblems go there are two ways to approach it. I've heard of people taking them off, sanding them with really fine grit sandpaper to take the chrome off then painting them with black paint. The other option is a black tint paint that will go onto the chrome. I believe Dupi-color makes a product like this. That would probably be the easier route.

Thanks! I think I am going to try to get everything ordered today or tomorrow. What size drop did you go with. I was looking at a 1.5 inch. Do you have any pics of your car I might be able to check out? Do you think the 1.5 inch will be good with no scrubbing issues?
Old 10-26-2011
Civic Novice

So this wheel and tire thing is still driving me crazy trying to figure out. I keep trying to decide between a 16" or 17" wheel and drop or no drop. I would like to go with a 17" and a drop but since my steep driveway sucks at life and I don't want to scrape the bottom off my car every time I go home, I am debating on going with 16 and no drop (insert opinions here)
I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions of tire sizes for 16" wheel with no drop and if anyone could direct me to a few pics running 16's at a stock height.My car is a 02 sedan. Like I said earlier I know this wheel and tire thing has been beat to death but needing some help trying to decide.