Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

SSR Professors SP1's 19" x 7

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tomj333_EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
SSR Professors SP1's 19" x 7

I wanna know if these will go ok, now i know 19" big but it gets me away from lowrering to much and they really do look sweet.

Fitment PCD is not a problem im just wondering will the car sit ok? i.e arch gap
anyway here's a pic on a 7th gen... http://premium1.uploadit.org/Spugen/CIVICPICS/ss3.jpg

looks good.

anyway cheers guys
Old 07-09-2009
Registered!!

+MM+ will become famous soon enough
Re: SSR Professors SP1's 19" x 7

Looks good, but I think 19s are too big for a Civic. You say you don't want to lower much, but you would be better off lowering more with 16s for example, than slapping on rims like this just to fill wheel gap. It will ride like complete garbage because you will have to use VERY low profile tires. This also means that you will risk damaging your wheels. Also...I don't know the weight of these particular wheels, but let me tell you...I felt a substantial loss of acceleration just by switching from 16s to 17s.

I guess if your car is not a daily driver and you want these wheels just for show, then go for it. If you drive your car daily and don't want to lose any power, I would advise against 19" wheels. That's just my opinion.
Old 07-10-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO anything bigger than 17s on a civic looks dumb. id say get the same rims in 17s and get some adjustable height coilovers so you can adjust the height to what you like. but thats just me.
Old 07-10-2009
Registered!!

its not the loss of speed your feeling, its coz your speedo is more accurate with bigger wheels you change your rolling radius.

i went from 15's to 17's but the overall radius was the same so no loss there, however if i shot these 19's on ill have to have it re-calibrated as the rolling radius will be miles out so on the speedo ill be going slower then what i actually am.

Also, its not a complete daily driver but i use it a fair bit, and the main reason i cant lower it is because were i live there is stupid amount of speed bumps i bottom my exhaust all the time and its sat stock. so if i drop it even 20mm it'll rip my exhaust off.
So lip kits and skirts plus big wheels will give the same "look" as for ride quality im still going to try and find better suspension withough having to drop more then 10mm.

Thanks for your help...
Tom
Old 07-10-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by civicsrcool
IMHO anything bigger than 17s on a civic looks dumb. id say get the same rims in 17s and get some adjustable height coilovers so you can adjust the height to what you like. but thats just me.
There's nothing more i wanna do the slam my car on its ****... but i really cant, otherwise ill be an exhaust and petrol tank lighter.... **** really but nothing i can do.

Thats the only reason im going so big with alloys, i wont be getting those in silver il be getting em in black so they wont look as big because of the colour.

Kinda in a dillema tbh

Tom