Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

rims; HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GoSpeedGo is an unknown quantity at this point
rims; HELP!

Guys,

I found the rims for me but it's quite difficult to get a hold of because it's been discontinued. I'm looking for the Racing Hart C5's 18". I've seen several listings on ebay for 17 or 19 but almost never for 18s. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, if it's impossible to get these, are there rims that closely resemble the c5s? I really like these designs, so when I say "closely" I don't mean just 5 spokes, etc. It should be an almost exact match but from a different manufacturer. Also, I'd like it to be as close to black without it being black. And no siver lip, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-11-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
There's tons of knockoffs, just search the internet.
Old 12-11-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
why 18s? you really cant lower your car on 18s, maybe 1" other wise you will rub. might want to look into that. just saying. i got 17s, and with my car lowered they look huge. so just look at cars with 18s and cars with 17s you might change your mind
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

CenZ,

Would you mind posting a pic of your ride? I'd like to see how your ride looks with the 17s. Also, list the brand/model of the rims as well as tire specs. Also, what sort of suspension do you have?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by CenZ
why 18s? you really cant lower your car on 18s, maybe 1" other wise you will rub. might want to look into that. just saying. i got 17s, and with my car lowered they look huge. so just look at cars with 18s and cars with 17s you might change your mind
Old 12-13-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute

The rims are ADR s07r's and im dropped ~2" on goldline springs.
Old 12-13-2006
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
19x7.5 RH Evolution C5
215/35-19 Falken Azenis
Neuspeed springs (1.5F / 1.75R)

Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

rutscivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CenZ

never had any probs wit my 18s NEVER
Old 12-14-2006
Registered!!

Falken,

Those are the exact rims I want but 18s and darker. I have an 01 civic coupe with Tein coilovers. I have it lowered where the top of the stock tires is in line with fender lines. Can I not apply the 18s to this setup? As it seems CenZ is indicating I can't really have it lowered as much if I get 18s due to rubbing, etc. Isn't it a matter of sacrificing tire depth if one goes with the larger rims? How's your 19s working out? One thing though, I was told by someone that the larger the rims the slower and more susceptible to damage. I think I was told 17s might be ideal for going fast.

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by FALKEN
19x7.5 RH Evolution C5
215/35-19 Falken Azenis
Neuspeed springs (1.5F / 1.75R)

Old 12-14-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
if you're worried about speed, keep 'em smaller than 17s. the c5 should look good, but like Falken has, you may have to go with a narrower rim/tire than normal.

Falken, could you post your offset as well? i'm kinda curious about it myself.
Old 12-14-2006
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by GoSpeedGo
Can I not apply the 18s to this setup? As it seems CenZ is indicating I can't really have it lowered as much if I get 18s due to rubbing, etc.
Thats untrue. Ive seen some very low 7thGens sitting on 18s with no rubbing issues. However, its true that you could run into rubbing issues if you get the improper offset.

I used to have 17s on mine with the same drop. I switched to the 19s and have not had a problem since.

Originally Posted by GoSpeedGo
I was told by someone that the larger the rims the slower and more susceptible to damage. I think I was told 17s might be ideal for going fast.
Yes, they do slow the car down because theyre heavier, but its not like the car is all that fast anyways.
If your wanting to go "fast", go with smaller and lighter wheels. If you want to have big wheels, get big wheels.

In fact, my friend has a set for sale VERY CHEAP!!
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=286197

As far as the possible damage to larger wheels, it can happen to any wheel. Buy a better wheel, watch the tire pressure, the road, and youll be fine.

On a side note, mine is driven daily.
Old 12-14-2006
Civicforums Junkie

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
Falken, could you post your offset as well? i'm kinda curious about it myself.
the offset is +43
Old 12-14-2006
Banned

Gr33nMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
black and bronze rims are so beautiful