Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

need a recommendation on stock size tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of light
Question need a recommendation on stock size tires

Im gonna need some new tires here pretty soon. I dont have rims just the stock steelies. I need an all weather tire thats good in the snow as well as the pavement. I went to discounttire.com and there were some recommendations

I want to know first hand experience from people who have 185/70/14 tires and if any in that link above are actually worth getting. Let me know if the link is not working. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....1=yes&place=10

I'd get these.

They are a 195/65/14. Might as well go a little bit bigger.
They will fit because I used to have this size.

Last edited by LiKEaFeRiO; 05-10-2006 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

scrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of light
Cool thanks man....now ive never ordered from tirerack before so if I order them do I have to pay extra to get the put on by some tire place in my area?
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

So what would the benefit of going that size instead of OE size?
Old 05-12-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Yes you'd have to find a shop to install them for you.
You can use the TireRack website to find shops in your area + read/write reviews on them.

I paid $30 at a large national chain store (Big-O Tires) for dismount of old tires. mounting new tires, valve stems, and wheel balancing.
That's all you basically need. If your steering feels off them I'd get an alignment done too.

Wider tires = more rubber on asphalt = better traction and handling.
If you don't track the car or push it then I guess you'll never know the difference, so its your option.
I think you can get more aggressive/performance tires with a 195 then with a 185.

Just remember that buying tires at your local shop is like buying a car - the price is negociable.
Everytime I've bought tires I've managed to get it pricematched or discounted in some way.

Goodluck