Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Tire Question: Urgent

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaSaurusLX is an unknown quantity at this point
Tire Question: Urgent

I have a lowered 2001 Honda Civic LX; lowered aprrox 1.5-2", it's a little low for my area (very poor roads) .. I am running 185/55 15" performance tires.. I was wondering if something like a P195/70R15 tire would raise it up a good amount... Thanks
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
youll get more help in the WHEELS & TIRES forum....
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

frostyman is an unknown quantity at this point
What is the problem? Are your tires rubbing or is your front/rear hitting the ground? The overall diameter is going to change about +1.3" about.
Old 04-27-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Take the springs out. Tire diameter will raise the car a fraction of an inch, and going bigger with the diameter makes it slower.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by frostyman
What is the problem? Are your tires rubbing or is your front/rear hitting the ground? The overall diameter is going to change about +1.3" about.

The front is hitting the ground.. So if I go with a 70 sidewall it will raise it 1.3"?

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Take the springs out. Tire diameter will raise the car a fraction of an inch, and going bigger with the diameter makes it slower.

How much slower would a 70 sidewall make it? As it stands my Civic is pretty darn slow, I couldn't imagine it being much slower..

Last edited by HondaSaurusLX; 04-27-2006 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-27-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HondaSaurusLX
The front is hitting the ground.. So if I go with a 70 sidewall it will raise it 1.3"?..
No it raises it half that... basic geometry

How much slower would a 70 sidewall make it? As it stands my Civic is pretty darn slow, I couldn't imagine it being much slower..
Slower than it is now.
You're trying to solve one problem by creating another.
Solve the problem by fixing the problem at hand. If its too low, then work on the suspension, leave the tires out of it.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
No it raises it half that... basic geometry

Slower than it is now.
You're trying to solve one problem by creating another.
Solve the problem by fixing the problem at hand. If its too low, then work on the suspension, leave the tires out of it.

I need new tires, which I am buying today..Ok, so my lowering problems aside and your ability to do basic geometry, how much would it raise my car if I kept a 55 series tire but went to a 17" rim. (currently using a 15" with 55) 1"? Thanks
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

oi2325 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you bottoming out or just hitting the front. If your bottoming out-need performance shocks. If your rolling around with OEM struts and lowered suspension you get more of a bounce than if you replace them. Mine was dropped 3inches and the only problem i had was no shock travel so when i hit a bump the strut tried to go through the hood. If your hitting the front-Do you have a kit on your car? take it off--JK
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

frostyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HondaSaurusLX
I need new tires, which I am buying today..Ok, so my lowering problems aside and your ability to do basic geometry, how much would it raise my car if I kept a 55 series tire but went to a 17" rim. (currently using a 15" with 55) 1"? Thanks
Damn, my bad yeah I really can't do math when I'm tired. It's whole diameter of tire tire that changes 1.3" not the actual height. But anyways, what section width would you go with? Cause to determine sidewall height you need a section width too, I'm pretty sure. I really don't know what sizes they make but I guess if your going w/17s maybe 205 or 215? Anyone else know what sizes are out there?