Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeremys is an unknown quantity at this point
!!

I just got new tires (Michelin Hydroedge) and the place that changed them obviuosly did not take car of my rims very well. Along were the edge meets the tire, there are a couple areas that the finish got chipped.

Do you guys/gals know how I could fix this?? Could I just get a silver touch up paint and touch it up?? Has anyone else encountered this??

Thanks!!!

Jer

ps. These all season tires ROCK!
Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

Sick Cycle is an unknown quantity at this point
places with crappy tire machines will scratch your rims.

if you goto www.tirerack.com, they will have a listing of various tirerack approved shops
Old 11-10-2005
A big, hairy Kentucky boy
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Sick Cycle
places with crappy tire machines will scratch your rims.

if you goto www.tirerack.com, they will have a listing of various tirerack approved shops
Yeah, we refuse to do larger wheels(and chrome wheels) with certain machines here because we'll end up scratching the wheel and then having to replace it. If you don't feel like trying to get the shop to take care of it, I would definitely look into putting some kind of finish on the scratched area.

Last edited by stinkypie; 11-10-2005 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-10-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
They're going to say they're not responsible for mounting damage, and there's no way to fix it beyond touchup paint. if they're the factory honda machined finish wheels, forget matching it.
Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

jeremys is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks guys...sort of too bad that happens. Yes they are OEM rims.

But I guess I will just match up some touch up paint as best possible. Should conceal it pretty good.

Thanks for your input.
Old 11-10-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
i had the same problem, but i made the company pay for it, i was in ATL for Nopi and the place chipped my finish on my wheel and i went off on the guy and every person in the place, my friend had to walk next door to the other store cause he thought i was gonna get arrested. Just tell them they did it and you want them to pay for it.