Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

emergency! help

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
emergency! help

ok,

This morning I check the car, and I noticed that one of the bolt on the right front wheel is totally broken. Even the nut is gone.

So now on the front right wheel, there are only 3 nuts holding the wheel. I will drive on highway for 20min everyday to work. WILL IT BE DANGEROUS??

CAN I GO HONDA AND TELL THEM TO FIX UNDER WARRANTEE? (considering I am not sure if it is a result of vandalism or else)

input please!! WILL THE CAR BE DANGEROUS TO DRIVE? WILL HONDA FIX?

thanks!
Old 12-12-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
No you will be fine. It is just a broken wheel stud. I have had plenty of them break. You will be fine driving on 3. Just make sure you go get it fixed when you have time. Honda wont fix that even if your car was a month old. **** like that happens.

Dont go to honda to have them fix it, on the front the hub has to be removed in order to replace the stud, they will charge alot. Go to a independent shop.
Old 12-12-2004
Registered!!

low04 is an unknown quantity at this point
dont worry about it...honda wont fix it but go to a autoparts store get a stud around 5 bux, take it to any shop and get it put in or do it yourself really easy. hole thing shouldnt cost more than 25-30 bux to fix but it will be fine for awhile
Old 12-12-2004
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
how should I fix it?

first, I should get a stud (bolt?) then how do I take the broken one out?

and how to install the new one in?

some instruction please...

thanks
Old 12-12-2004
Registered!!

how?

Old 12-12-2004
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
i've had 2 of my front right bolts stripped so the nut would loosen up after a while, i took it to a tire shop and they replaced them for about $80
Old 12-12-2004
Registered!!

Civic04 is an unknown quantity at this point
they are pressed in just go to a shop where the do breaks and such they do that kind of stuff all the time

If you do it yourselfe you need a press and such. you have to take the wheel off, take the caliper and rotor off. I have seen ppl hammer the old stud out and the new one in but that is a REALLY bad idea you will do alot more harm than good that way.you have to take the knuckle/hub off the caryou will have to press the hub out of the knuckle (if you do that its always a good idea to get new bearings, it is posible to get it out without messing them up but a good idea to have newones handy just in case you pull them apart or tear the seals) Press out the old stud press in the new one and reverse the steps from there.

Just much eaiser to take it to a shop
Old 12-12-2004
Registered!!

thanks guys

thanks for the input

I feel uncomfortable doing the whole thing by myself as well...

I guess I can't avoid spending money this time...

Quick Reply: emergency! help