Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Best front pads??? I don't care about rotor abuse!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinkytube is an unknown quantity at this point
Best front pads??? I don't care about rotor abuse!

I need to know what the BEST front/rear pads are. Meaning ; The hardest grip, and quickest stopping power. I do not care if I have to change the discs every year or less, I just want to make sure that my wifes 2002 Si stops as quickly as possible with it's stock front/rear disc setup. Any opinions? Part numbers?

Thanks Guys! ( and gals)
Old 09-15-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Are you driving on the street?
Cuz I could say to get a race pad like Hawk Blues or something from Cobalt Friction, but they're gonna need heat to work as well as they should. Thats not gonna work in traffic. Something like an Axxis Ultimate or Hawk HP+ is most likely what you want.
Old 09-16-2004
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Hawk HP+ + new blank rotors = squealing on my 2k1 civic.

I have an LX with no ABS and I LOVE the Hawks.
They have great stopping power and doesn't lock up as bad/quick as the stock pads did. But during stop and go traffic its an embarrassment. So much squealing and screeching. But once they get warmed up its quiet.
Just my experience.
Old 09-16-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
If you're looking to make the car stop quickly then you should be looking at tires not Brake pads.....
Old 09-16-2004
Roy
Registered!!

Roy is an unknown quantity at this point
i know it's not the case but if the stock pads lock up before the hawks, then the stocks are working better.
Old 09-16-2004
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
The Hawks grab harder than stock pads before it locks up.
Its alot more responsive than stock pads.
Sorry I should of put it in better/different words.
It was real late when I made that post.

EDIT: I had the same tires with both pads. Zalken ZE-502
Old 09-16-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Honda OEM pads have a fairly High initial Friction level, Higher then most High performance pads... The big problem with them isnt the stopping power, its the heat. They dont deal with heat very well so you Fade them after a few good stops.
Old 09-17-2004
Registered!!

civicfrenchie is an unknown quantity at this point
Axxis ultimate will be your friends!!! a bit dusty but very good performer with good sticky tires...