Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

which would you chose?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
which would you chose?

for straightline racing ...

BF Goodrich KDW2
BF Goodrich T/A KD's
Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
Falken Azenis

... I've used the Goodyear's before ... great tire in dry and AWESOME in wet
Old 08-15-2004
Roy
Registered!!

Roy is an unknown quantity at this point
i wrote an article about these tires recently. I gave it up to the kdw 2, but it also depends on what size or tire/rim.
Old 08-15-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
17x7.5 ;D
Old 08-15-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Defiantly not Goodyear or Falken

Both BF Goodrich are a sweet choice
Old 08-15-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
none of those, I would go with falken ZE-512's. Alot of members, including me have them and love them. No matter what size.
Old 08-15-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by streetglower
none of those, I would go with falken ZE-512's. Alot of members, including me have them and love them. No matter what size.
WOULD YOU PEOPLE PLEASE STOP BUSTING NUTS OVER THESE TIRES. What he's looking for are NOT EVEN IN THE SAME LEAGUE

Falkens only come in 225/45/17 and by Falken sizing, thats much wider (I've heard as much as 245), needless to say, they barely fit the RSX, they won't fit a Civic. Potenza SO3s are a good choice, you won't get any better in dry traction, but you pay for it. BFGs are a safe bet always, they make some good tires and I've heard good things about the F1-GS-D3 as well. I'd say any... but if you're just straightlining, why not get a set of drag radials or straight up slicks? Or is this for highway **** that you shouldn't be doing?
Old 08-15-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
WOULD YOU PEOPLE PLEASE STOP BUSTING NUTS OVER THESE TIRES. What he's looking for are NOT EVEN IN THE SAME LEAGUE

Falkens only come in 225/45/17 and by Falken sizing, thats much wider (I've heard as much as 245), needless to say, they barely fit the RSX, they won't fit a Civic. Potenza SO3s are a good choice, you won't get any better in dry traction, but you pay for it. BFGs are a safe bet always, they make some good tires and I've heard good things about the F1-GS-D3 as well. I'd say any... but if you're just straightlining, why not get a set of drag radials or straight up slicks? Or is this for highway **** that you shouldn't be doing?
No I wont stop bustin nuts over these tires, they are good and cheap tires. These are the best set of tires I have ever owned. And I have gone through alot of different tires. And they are very cheap. You cant find many cheap tires that have this much performance in them. The day I find a better tire, then I will stop bustin nuts over them.

Yea I understand that they werent in the list, but maybe he will look into them for future use.
Old 08-15-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by streetglower
No I wont stop bustin nuts over these tires, they are good and cheap tires. These are the best set of tires I have ever owned. And I have gone through alot of different tires. And they are very cheap. You cant find many cheap tires that have this much performance in them. The day I find a better tire, then I will stop bustin nuts over them.

Yea I understand that they werent in the list, but maybe he will look into them for future use.
Good for you. But the fact remains they're slightly better than run of the mill tires with a high treadwear rating and all season versatility. They're not performance tires regardless of what they're classified as. Take those drive them harder than hell, then strap any tires on that list on, rinse and repeat. I think you'll change your mind significantly. Not everyone wants cheap tires... some people want tires that are as close to glue as we can get. I know, I have a set of both (Kumho ASX, similar to the 512, and a set of MX, similar to the Azenis)... I hate my ASXs because I love the grip of the MXs so much. What you can do on a great sticky set of tires just can't be done with regular tires. Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that I need hard tires just so I don't have to keep buying road tires, I would never buy all seasons again.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 08-15-2004 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-15-2004
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
get KDW not KDW2 KDW2 have a harder silica compund.. last longer but less traction..

get the BFG track tires