Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pnoiracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Help!!!

Ok.. before I start... I don't know if this has been posted before (or a thread something like this).. so don't be tripping

Well, I am getting my Arospeed RS-GT 18" soon.. I am planning to get the LOCK LUG NUTS but I don't know what kind I should get? Can anybody help me here what kind of lock lug nuts I should get.. I mean you know there's different kinds of lock lug nuts out there... and give me all the informations I should know before buying them.. like size, kind, brand name (mcgard, gorilla, rally, etc.), color (I have a gunmetal.. should I get black or chrome?), and if you have other comments or opinions.. I will really really appreciate it!!

Thanks!

NOTE: If you have a website that give a pretty cheap set of lock lug nuts (w/ free shipping will be great!) please post it here too! that will help alot...
Old 01-02-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Read

First figure out what kind of nut they take (Tuner or std), then go from there. Locks for tuner style nuts are going to differ from standard shank nuts.
There is no "best kind". Its preference and what's available.
I had a set of McGards with the keyed pattern, now I have a set of Ray's with the 7 sided slotted lock. Both seem to work fine. I never was a fan of shiny lugnuts, so I'd say black, especially on a dark wheel.
As far as "cheap"... what was the last time you heard cheap and good in the same sentence? I know McGards and Gorillas are around $30 everywhere, I don't think I'd go less than that. Something like the Splinedrives are about $70-$90 for the set of all the nuts.
Lugnuts with locks should cost you somewhere between $60 and $140 for a decient set that is going to not strip, and also hold the wheel torque (Yes, some nuts have issues with not staying tight).

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 01-02-2004 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-02-2004
Registered!!

thanks boilermaker... that helps!! whell the size is 12x1.5 right? hmmm I don't really know the difference between stud and tuner? I know tuner is longer but I still don't get it :-x neways I can just find picture anytime.. so thanks... neways.. How would I know if the rims uses stud or tuner? hmmm I'll see when I get my rims.. neways thanks again man.. I will just wait till the rims gets here....
Old 01-02-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
From the looks of them on Arospeeds website, I'd say they need tuner nuts. They're just slimmer than standard ones. Just take the stock nut for sizing, if it looks like it in the hole for the nut, maybe they're standard, but from the looks of it, you'll need the skinny ones.
Old 01-02-2004
Registered!!

LOL.. hey bro.. You don't have to answer mah questions... I visit the thread u gave me.. my questions were answered clearly LOL.. THANKS!!! Now I will just definitely wait for my rims.. or call the seller of the rims.. :-D