Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Good tires?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Good tires?

I am a total newbie to tires and such ... I don't know which tires to get ...

Right now I have the 7 spoke Si rims on stock firestones ... which tires would be good to get? ... even though I have plenty tread left, I have the sf turbo and last night I floored it and spun ALL the way through 1st -and- 2nd ... T_T;;; ... so ... I think I need some better gripping tires.

Any help would be appreciated?

Members who tell me to search: go search your own ***
Old 12-11-2003
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
I have falken azenis sports.....they are pretty tough to spin and a grippier than hell
Old 12-11-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I run those for autocross, another tire you might want to look at is the Kumho MX.

If you only go in straight lines you may want to look in to one of the many DOT legal Drag radials.
Old 12-15-2003
Registered!!

BigDaddyHonda is an unknown quantity at this point
You should get a wider, shorter, and (as you have already said) stickier tire to really make your car come off the starting line. The tire size to go for would be 205/50-15

The Falken Azenis Sports already have 2 votes -- they work well and they come in a 205/50-15 size, which will fit your rim

It looks like the Kumho MX are sold out for another month or so (per another thread on this board), but if you could find them locally...

Then you get into even more specialized tires:

The Toyo RA-1 is a street-legal road racing tire. Super sticky but a treadwear rating of only 40!

The BF Goodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial is a street-legal drag tire. The ultimate off the line traction, but not for rainy days - treadwear rating 0

You might want to research these and see which might be right for you. I would probably just purchase TWO Azenis Sports for the fronts and see what happens
Old 12-15-2003
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Falkens and Toyo's are what ive had good experinces with
Old 12-15-2003
Registered!!

6thGenHatcher is an unknown quantity at this point
i say go with the falkens...
Old 12-16-2003
Registered!!

greeot is an unknown quantity at this point
my brother has azenis and he says they have the greatest traction of any tire he's had experience with.
Old 03-15-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/fo...5&pagenumber=5