Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Opinions on 5-lug conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003
Bring Hockey Back!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chrisgushue is an unknown quantity at this point
Opinions on 5-lug conversion

what do u think becasue a local shop is offering me a rsx-type R 5 lug conversion for really cheap with 2 sets of rims, one jdm type r rims which id prolly sell to pay for half the cost, do u think this is cool or gay? im kinda hesitating since i wouldnt have the k20 type r engine since im onyl turboing my car in the next months, opinions pls and thanks
Old 11-17-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
With out the engine whats the point? are you getting the brakes too? other wise its just a look......
Old 11-17-2003
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
yeah if you get rear disks it would be worth it.
Old 11-17-2003
Bay Area

NytRyder2k2 is on a distinguished road
What exactly is needed to do the conversion? brakes? hubs? axles? what else? If you pass up the deal you think they would sell me just the conversion? Let me know. Thanks
Old 11-17-2003
Bring Hockey Back!

i thnk its pretty much like the whole parts form an rsx-r suspension wise, and how much r u willing to pay?
Old 11-17-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Zzyzx
With out the engine whats the point? are you getting the brakes too? other wise its just a look......
The brakes would have to come with it. Otherwise you'd some how need 5 lug drums.
If the brembos come with it, and you get the WHOLE brake system (the booster, the master cylinder, etc...) then its worth it. But some how you need to get the entire braking system up to the task of pumping the brembos. It'll take quite a bit more than the stock system. I don't know if the Civic system could handle it, nor would I want to find out.
Old 11-17-2003
Bring Hockey Back!

well its been done before by a member on here (bluw widebody, magazine feature cant remember name), and this is coming off a 7thgen so i assume it works
Old 11-18-2003
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
u can't do it unless u make special axles for the fronts, you are going to need some d series to k series 5lug axles, it is not worth it in my opions, just upgrade ur brakes with rear si disc and get bigger rotors.

its just for show, and on top of that all that extra weight, you know stock to stock that our cars stop just about with very simular 60-0 times...

the rears will go on with a problem, you are going to need rsx or si rear brake cables. then the arm for disc brakes. for a si all you would need is rsx axles and the brakes, for out cars, we have to upgrade to si's then to rsx's for 5 lug
Old 11-19-2003
Bring Hockey Back!

thnaks for the help