Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Tire reviews are annoying

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Tire reviews are annoying

I'm trying to find some awesome all-season 185/65R15 (stock size) tires to go with the rims I'm going to get, and here's what I've learned about tire reviews:

For any model of tire, you will get every possible type of review:

Tire style X:
One person will say "This tire is amazing, my car handles perfectly on dry pavement, as well as in the rain or snow!"
Another person will say "These tires are terrible. They handle well on dry but have no traction in the rain."
Another person will say "These tires suck when it's dry but rule when it's wet"

wtf?

I'm at tirerack.com right now. Does anyone else know of any places to read customer reviews of various tires?

Thanks.

Last edited by IronFist; 11-04-2003 at 01:00 AM.
Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
there are various reviews at www.epinions.com too
Old 11-04-2003
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
I found a bunch of reviews at 1010tires.com.
Old 11-04-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Everyone has a different opinion of what the tire should do. its a subjective review. It also depends on the car they're strapped on to. Some cars just suck in the rain regardless of what tire is on there.
Use the ones at Tirerack.com
There's usually enough of them to weed the outliers out. And they track test every tire they sell, so you can always just go off of the official review.
Old 11-04-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I have similar feelings when people talk about how they're car handles now that they have Part A or suspension B...... Like Where are they testing this? on the street? that means squat.
Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

Sickboy will become famous soon enoughSickboy will become famous soon enough
Which tire is looking the best for you Ironfist?
Old 11-04-2003
Premium Member

These:

Falken Ziex ZE-512
Potenza RE950
Kumho Ecsta HP4 716

Read my post "Here's what I'm going to get."
Old 11-04-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I can tell you my experiance with the 512s

Decent Dry traction (I've autocrossed on them). they squeal a bit at the limits of traction. Wet traction, so far they have been pretty good. Not that it rains a lot in Vegas, but when it does it floods. I think they could have gone with a softer compound though, but then they wouldnt last as long. All in all for my street tires I am very satisfied. Mine wore out a little quick though, but thats more from the way I drive rather then the tire.
Old 11-04-2003
Premium Member

Thanks.