Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Bridgestone Potenza RE92... good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Majarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trusted
Question Bridgestone Potenza RE92... good or bad?

I know that the 2004 Civic Si (EX) comes with Bridgestone Potenza RE92's, but I'm just wondering whether or not they are good tires? They're obviously better than the Firestones that have been plaguing the Civics for the last few years, but are the RE92's worth keeping or is it worth buying a better tire right off the bat and getting rid of them? I live in a climate where we get all kinds of weather, not just dry weather... rain, heavy rain, snow, heavy snow, slush, hail, hot, cold, dry, humid, you name it, so I would like to know if the tire is good for all these conditions or if it's worth getting something like... the Turanza LS-H's? Thanks.
Old 10-22-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
They're not very good. I know quite a few people with Subaru's (they're stock on all the non-STi Imprezas), and they all hate them with a passion. They're noisy and the wet traction is crap. Its basically Bridgestones version of the same shitty Firestone tire (Bridgestone/Firestone is one company). So dump them for something better.
Old 10-22-2003
Registered!!

Majarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trusted
Alrighty then, thanks I've read good things about the LS-H's on various sites, so maybe I'll go with those.
Old 10-22-2003
Registered!!

phatcyclist is an unknown quantity at this point
people have been telling me to get Potenza RE950s, so many in fact that Ive decided to get them as well, you might want to look into them.
Old 10-22-2003
Registered!!

Yeah I've heard those are really good too, but I went to TireRack.com and the Turanza LS-H's are actually better in the rain and inclimate weather which is what we mostly get here on the East Coast of Canada so those will probably be my choice. As for winters I'll probably get some 14" steelies and 185-70-14 Blizzaks (we need them) since they will have a higher sidewall, and slightly narrower which is better for the snow and potholes.
Old 10-22-2003
Registered!!

phatcyclist is an unknown quantity at this point
cool, you should get the best tire suited for your application, summer tires would suck for your application I guess
Old 10-22-2003
Registered!!

Haha, definitely would, unless I enjoy driving like I'm ice racing