Rear Control arms, rear tire wear early models the early models had an issue with the rear control arms (upper) and have a tendency of rapid rear tire wear

rediculous tire wear Honda Civic

Old 04-01-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondavic is an unknown quantity at this point
rediculous tire wear Honda Civic

I have a 2009 Civic, I took it for an oil change and warrenty check up and I was told the back tires needed to be replaced. I figured the mechanic was "out of it" as the car only has 30,000 km/20,000 miles. I looked at the tires and he was right they are almost bald especially around the outer edges. This is rediculous. I have owned Honda's/Acura's nothing like this has ever happened. There is obviously a problem with the alignment. I was also told this seems to be a trend for this car. Anyone else experience this problem on this forum.

Honda in Vic
Old 04-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: rediculous tire wear Honda Civic

There's a TSB (technical service bulletin) on severe tire wear that was issued awhile ago, if you take the car to the dealership then they should replace your rear lower control arms free of charge and that will correct the problem.