General Post General Issues questions here that does not fit other sections

Horn, power side view mirror, and transmission switch circuit issue (maybe ecu)

Old 12-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kevin841 is an unknown quantity at this point
Horn, power side view mirror, and transmission switch circuit issue (maybe ecu)

Hi, I've started having some issues with my 2007 civic lx. Recently the motor was overheated (a radiator hose fell off while my wife was driving the car and she drove until it stopped). I had the engine swapped for a used one from a 2008 civic. After I got the car back the engine light came on with DTC P0705. I took is back to the shop they checked it and told me that it is a problem with the ecu. I had also had a few problems with the horn and power side view mirrors not working before the overheating issue. I wanted to know if these were also controlled by the ecu? If they are I can believe that the ecu might be bad, but if those problems are unrelated I can't believe that there is really a problem with the ecu. Does anyone else have any idea if this could be anything besides the ecu?
Old 12-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Horn, power side view mirror, and transmission switch circuit issue (maybe ecu)

P0705-Transmission Range Sensor (PRINDL) malfunction

Look for loose connections at the connector or broken/abraded wires. If none, replace the sensor. Any decent shop should be able to do that for $100 or less. Or you can do it yourself, it'll be on the tranny.

#21: http://www.hondapartscheap.com/south...t=0&quantity=0