Recommended tint percentage

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackv0rtex is an unknown quantity at this point
Recommended tint percentage

Here in California tint on the front driver/passenger windows are illegal, but you could have the back windows as dark as possible. I was thinking to put 35 on the fronts and 20 on the 3 windows on the back and on the front windshield strip. Anyone with 20 all around and have trouble with cops or seeing at night.
Old 09-15-2005
I dont know what im talking about

Supermanrider is an unknown quantity at this point
13 all they way around except windshield no hassle with the cops can see just fine on streets with lights cant see anything behind me on a dark road unless there is headlights behind me.
Old 09-15-2005
Boosted 04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
joshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nice
35 all around check my member rides its looks good
Old 09-15-2005
Registered!!

fuzzylogic426 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have 35's on the front sides and 5 on the rest of the three (and 5 on the front windshield banner). no problems with cops (ive had bike cops come up beside me, stare at my car a a few seconds, give a smirk then ride off). like supermanrider said, there are some problems seeing out the back when its dark. i have to roll down my windows when i back up at night.
Old 09-15-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
im gettin 0% limo on 5 windows...heh im just gonna have to roll with the windows down all the time
Old 09-16-2005
Wanna see a donkey show?

cg95660 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have 5% on the back three and 50% on the sides I never get pulled over or bothered in any way cause of it. I was playing with the idea of going with the windshield tint too but not sure yet.
Old 09-20-2005
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
well i live in fresno...the central valley and i want to tint the front windows in my 2004 EX..the back 3 are already tinted but i wanted them 5% because i have a lot of stuff back thier and i dont want people to see....but anywho..is it illigal to have the banner in the front window??? jw....

-PeTeY!!
Old 09-21-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by D17A2/4G63
well i live in fresno...the central valley and i want to tint the front windows in my 2004 EX..the back 3 are already tinted but i wanted them 5% because i have a lot of stuff back thier and i dont want people to see....but anywho..is it illigal to have the banner in the front window??? jw....

-PeTeY!!

i think its legal as long as it doesnt cover more than 3-4 inches from the top of the windshield.
Old 09-21-2005
Registered!!

ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
I have my back windows tinted to the legal limit, and the front untinted. I don't think it looks bad I know some people have had some trouble with it, I'd just rather not deal with the cops, they have enough they can pull me over on already, I don't need a ticket for tint too :-/
Old 09-25-2005
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I drove down to LA for 2 weeks recently with 6% limo all around with a window strip too with no issues. But I was of course watching for cops. But I have been pulled over in the past 4 times with not one mention of window tint and the law here is like 32% max on all windows. My buddies have had 6%, 13% and 20% down there on all windows without issues so.... it all depends on the cop..

I get pulled over more for front plates in the last 2 years so I just leave the damn thing on now.
Old 10-04-2005
Registered!!

Hypnotized is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by NickDaMans02Civic
Well I drove down to LA for 2 weeks recently with 6% limo all around with a window strip too with no issues. But I was of course watching for cops. But I have been pulled over in the past 4 times with not one mention of window tint and the law here is like 32% max on all windows. My buddies have had 6%, 13% and 20% down there on all windows without issues so.... it all depends on the cop..

I get pulled over more for front plates in the last 2 years so I just leave the damn thing on now.
I got a ticket for window tint, my tint is 35%. Where can I find this 32% tint law? Do you have any links?
Old 10-04-2005
Wanna see a donkey show?

^^ are you in california?? If so then you can go no more than super weak like I think its 90% or some thing and its only on the side windows....i.e. front door windows. But if you have it on the back you can go as dark as you wish.
Old 10-05-2005
Registered!!

Well the tint law I believe is like 70% on the front doors in CA but here in Oregon its 32%. My buddy lives outside of LA and has 6% around limo and has never had a issue... Odd and never gets bothered by cops for no front plates either Yeah sucks when I was in CA they can nail out of state vehicles for window tint.
Old 10-05-2005
Registered!!

i remember reading in a thread on here that the new law in CA is that there is no tint allowed on the front side windows.
Old 10-05-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
i have 5% on my car and on my hatch im gonna do limo tint (so no one can see the stirpped interior) and also greg another new screenname mugenman8604 im gonna kill aim
Old 10-05-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
I went almost a year w/ 5% tint before I got caught but it depends on where you live
Old 10-05-2005
Wanna see a donkey show?

Originally Posted by fuzzylogic426
i remember reading in a thread on here that the new law in CA is that there is no tint allowed on the front side windows.

There is allowed tint but it is so thin you would not even know its there. When I had my car tinted I looked at it and thought there was almost no difference between it and stock. I still went 50% and no trouble yet.
Old 10-06-2005
Registered!!

Wow 50% can't even imagine how that would look. I had 32% on my old civic on the front doors and I thought that looked like no tint really and too light. But I had 5% on the back 3 so it helped out.
Old 10-21-2005
Registered!!

GeminiZ is an unknown quantity at this point
i got 2 fix it tickets in one week for cruising down I 80 towards SF by a CHP and a bike cop... damn that 0% limo tint on the passenger and drive sides!
Old 11-01-2005
Registered!!

ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
I prefer as dark as can be... legally
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bigun2.gif
Views:	47082
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	61786  
Attached Images   
Old 11-04-2005
Banned

spoonJDMlX is an unknown quantity at this point
i got 5% all around, and no problems.....but i am thinking about taking my front off and putting 35%....its getting cold now and im not gna drive with my windows down in the rain...i kno this REALLY good place that does tints in sherman oaks, not far from glendale (15mins)....they did my car for 125 bux, 5 windows, life time warrenty. pm me if you want their info
Old 11-16-2005
Registered!!

Dang 0% limo tint what is that like 2 layer of 5% all around HAHA. That would look sweet if so I think my 6% is too light or I need to get the front windshield tinted all the way LOL.
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

cpruitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Recommended tint percentage

At one point my brother had 2 layers of 5%, he could barely even back up at night w/o opening the sliding glass. I wouldn't recommend anyone going so dark, the sun isn't bothering you that much.
Old 07-16-2007
Registered!!

Hanzo has a spectacular aura aboutHanzo has a spectacular aura aboutHanzo has a spectacular aura about

So does anyone know the legal tint in California?
Old 11-15-2007
Registered!!

smot poker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hanzo
So does anyone know the legal tint in California?
California Window Tint Law
California Tint Law Enacted: 1999
HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN CALIFORNIA?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In California, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.
Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
Back Side Windows Any darkness can be used.
Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE IN CALIFORNIA?

Similar to sunglass lenses, some tinting film contain metallic elements that help in reflecting incoming light and reducing the glare and heat generated by visible light.
Front Side Windows Must not be more reflective than a standard window.
Back Side Windows Must not be more reflective than a standard window.

OTHER CALIFORNIA RULES AND REGULATIONS
Restricted Colors The tint color(s) of RED are not legal by state law.
Side Mirrors Dual side mirrors are required if back window is tinted.
Certificate Requirements Manufacturers of film do NOT need to certify the film they sell in the state.
Sticker Requirements No sticker to identify legal tinting is required.
Medical Exemption State law does NOT allow medical exemptions that would allow you use special tint.