Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Hard Thump when car hits small bumps on road

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djaaronk is an unknown quantity at this point
Lek.....How did you finally get them to replace your crap suspension??? I've been fighting them for over a year now too. They just keep telling me that it's characteristic of the 7th gen Civic. You know the whole inside of my car is beginning to rattle apart because the suspension doesn't absorb any of the energy from bumps.
Old 11-12-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrmanny50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Hard Thump when car hits small bumps on road

I have a 2001 Honda accord LX with 260,000 miles....good condition except that I feel all the little bumps in my rear end as if I have no working shock/struts absorbers when going through them. I finally replaced all 4 struts and driver side left control arm due to worn bushing. The car drives really nice but it seems that there is NO CHANGE as far as shock absorbing the bumps and cracks on the road. Does anyone know what else I can do to somewhat better dampen the ride when hitting little cracks and bumps on the road other than buying a new car. The car is in good shape but I feel all the bumps as if I have no struts.