Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Sidemarker Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrMondayNite is an unknown quantity at this point
Sidemarker Question

Just had Sidemarkers put in, and now when my blinker is on my lights are OUT OF SEQUENCE. Seems like when the sidemarker blinks the front blinker in the headlights doesn't blink and vice versa. The Jerk who wired this also has the sidemarker lights on with the headlights and blink when I put my blinker on. Everyone I've seen with sidemarkers Blinks in sequence and is not hooked up to the headlights, they only turn on when using your blinker(flasher). The guy barely spoke any english,when I questioned him about them being out of sequence,so he didn't understand. Anyway any info about how to get my sidemarkers working properly would be appreciated. Thanks
MrMondayNite
Old 12-01-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
just cut whatever wire he has connected to the parking light and tap it into the green wire for your turn signal. here's how I did mine:

the positive wire goes to the green wire and the negative wire goes to the black (ground) wire.

he may have hooked up the positive wire to the red wire in that pic, which goes to the parking lights. you can see the socket in the upper left corner there.
Old 12-02-2002
Registered!!

MrMondayNite is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Mex, I'll try that.