Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

squeaking noise after hard braking.... what is it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
astr033 is an unknown quantity at this point
squeaking noise after hard braking.... what is it?

I was driving around a rotary a couple days ago and had to slam on my brakes hard because the car in front of me stopped suddenly all because some dumb chick (some women drivers suck so bad.... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG] ) came flying onto the rotary from the highway and didn't yield to the car in front of me like she was supposed to.

After that, I've been hearing this squeaking noise from the back of my car and I'm not sure what it is. At first I thought it was my tires because I just got new Yokohamas put on the week before. Now I'm not sure. I hear it only when I drive slowly and especially over bumpy roads. So it's probably the suspension I'm guessing. I'm not good with noises. It sounds like two tires rubbing against each other or it sounds like the suspension is trying to cope with a heavy load in my trunk (but there is nothing in my trunk). Any suggestions? Any chance I could get this fixed as a warranty issue? I doubt it but I figure I'll ask anyway. Not that I plan on waiting that long, but in 3,000 miles I will take my car in for the 20,000 mile service which includes checking shock absorbers/struts for leakage and proper operation. Right now it just seems to be a noise problem. I haven't noticed any handling problems.
Old 11-20-2002
Registered!!

astr033 is an unknown quantity at this point
No takers for this question? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-20-2002
Registered!!

Shawn02 is an unknown quantity at this point
my rear brakes squeaked when i would back up...Honda fixed the back drum brakes under warranty..it was a TSB. I would go to Honda and mention that to them, they can check it out very quickly and let you know.
Old 11-20-2002
Registered!!

neoretromax is an unknown quantity at this point
heres a link for you link squeeking noise thread
i think you have the same problem i have, i just started noticing it at 30k miles. i think i need new struts and im pretty sure its covered under the warranty.