Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

MY HOOD WONT CLOSE ALL THE WAY!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JetBlackBWLX is an unknown quantity at this point
MY HOOD WONT CLOSE ALL THE WAY!!

Hey guys, im not sure what happened but I got my car out the shop one day, i didnt realize my hood wasnt closed all the way and when I got home it was sticking up kind of like I popped it open. I opened it all the way and slammed it close and it stood the same way. The hood was locked and eveyrthing but it just sticks up like its not close all the way. I called the shop and asked the what the hell they did to my hood and they jus denied everything so I dont know what's wrong with it. Im thinking maybe its the latch or something. Should I just take it to the dealer or is there something I am overlooking?
Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

solar is an unknown quantity at this point
If it was fine before you took it to the shop, take it right back to that shop and show them. If they don't want to deal with it and deny any involvment take it to the dealer and tell them what happened and ask for a estimate and what caused the problem, then go from there. If the dealer says someone did this or that have them put it in writing and take it back to that shop.

Also check to make sure the shop didn't leave any tools or bolts under hood, where they might obstruct your hood.
Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
there are black rubber things along the rail that u can adjust...that might be it...my hood rattled a lot till i found out that i could adjust those black rubber things...u might want to check that out too...
Old 10-18-2002
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
mine doesnt close good either.i have gap between hood and headlights.
Old 10-19-2002
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
If you look under the front of the car there are 2 supports, the first one is very week. I started jacking my car up with the first one one time and I noticed it start to bend. When I closed my hood it wasn't the same. Anyways, the 2nd support should be used for jacking as it is stronger. I am willing to bet they jacked your car up with the wrong support and bent something. I would take it back to them and look for scratches on that first support to see if a jack had been there....

Old 10-20-2002
Registered!!

JetBlackBWLX is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the info guys. I think it might have got bent now that i think about it....it seems like that is very possible. Only thing is is that if it did get bent then how do i get the hood fixed or is it possible for me to unbend it?