Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

warranty work- fix one thing, screw up four things

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002
I spent 1425 points to do this.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
warranty work- fix one thing, screw up four things

bahhhh! first id like to announce that i love my civic, and i couldnt be happier with my decision to make it my first new car. Now that we have this out of the way- MY GOD I HATE HONDA SERVICE!

2nd to last time- i took my car in for an oil change/scheduled 7.5k maintainance- they forced my screw on aftermarket shift **** extra extra tight- so the shift diagram is all lopsided now [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] its an indiglo red one- with wires attached- i cant twist it to far without having to take apart all the shift assembly. They put some nice pry marks on a plastic panel near my shift ****, and they adjusted (as if it needed adjusting) my e-brake- now its not as smoothly resistant as i pull it as it was before. arggghhhh

last time- i had my car in so that they could fix the paint peel it had on the rear bumper just below the rear drivers side tail light. They didnt do a very good job- but its good enough...of course- hense my thread title; theres a price to pay for these freebie warranty fixes... this time- they put a damn 2 inch long- nice'n'deep scratch on my front hood. the stupid moron tech was like "how could we have done that- we only worked on your bumper" thats a load o' crap if i ever head one... the truth is that my car was spick and span they cleaned it inside and out and they even put tire gloss on it. My shift **** was again- twisted some more- now the diagram is completely upside down. and to top it off- my pedals were slippery as hell- i should have gotten into an accident on purpose! no- i would never do that [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] Well- the guy at honda said i could bring in the car tomorrow and they could try to buff out the scratch- i blew him off and said ill take care of it. I thought i could go to another dealership- but i called them up, and they told me that i had to get it fixed by the guys that screwed me.

So- i guess i wont be going to this dealership again. ill try another one nearbye. i hate it how warranty service is always so sketchy- im sure its not a honda thing....but i sometimes wish i could have a saturn so that i could have it serviced by their top rated dept...(not)

anyone else have any warranty horror stories?
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

lemoncivic is an unknown quantity at this point
This thread is SAD...but true!!!
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
thats exactly why i dont want to take my car in for the very minor warranty things i could take it in for
Old 05-23-2002
Registered!!

iamfob is an unknown quantity at this point
damn...sorry to hear that..but what dealer is this? post the name of the dealer and we will not go to that one
Old 05-23-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't give up.

Don't give in.

Get your sh't fixed.
Old 05-23-2002
Registered!!

armageddon is an unknown quantity at this point
thats one sketchy dealership. I would call them and get the number to the national customer service line and let them know this dealership has a f**king problem.
Old 05-23-2002
Registered!!

Dagooseisloose is an unknown quantity at this point
When I went to pick up my car after I bought it they forgot the leather,dent on trunk lid and paint peel on front a rear bumpers. And they prepped it like crap.
Old 05-23-2002
Support your local 81

bhaz413 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< bahhhh! first id like to announce that i love my civic, and i couldnt be happier with my decision to make it my first new car. Now that we have this out of the way- MY GOD I HATE HONDA SERVICE!

2nd to last time- i took my car in for an oil change/scheduled 7.5k maintainance- they forced my screw on aftermarket shift **** extra extra tight- so the shift diagram is all lopsided now [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] its an indiglo red one- with wires attached- i cant twist it to far without having to take apart all the shift assembly. They put some nice pry marks on a plastic panel near my shift ****, and they adjusted (as if it needed adjusting) my e-brake- now its not as smoothly resistant as i pull it as it was before. arggghhhh

last time- i had my car in so that they could fix the paint peel it had on the rear bumper just below the rear drivers side tail light. They didnt do a very good job- but its good enough...of course- hense my thread title; theres a price to pay for these freebie warranty fixes... this time- they put a damn 2 inch long- nice'n'deep scratch on my front hood. the stupid moron tech was like "how could we have done that- we only worked on your bumper" thats a load o' crap if i ever head one... the truth is that my car was spick and span they cleaned it inside and out and they even put tire gloss on it. My shift **** was again- twisted some more- now the diagram is completely upside down. and to top it off- my pedals were slippery as hell- i should have gotten into an accident on purpose! no- i would never do that [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] Well- the guy at honda said i could bring in the car tomorrow and they could try to buff out the scratch- i blew him off and said ill take care of it. I thought i could go to another dealership- but i called them up, and they told me that i had to get it fixed by the guys that screwed me.

So- i guess i wont be going to this dealership again. ill try another one nearbye. i hate it how warranty service is always so sketchy- im sure its not a honda thing....but i sometimes wish i could have a saturn so that i could have it serviced by their top rated dept...(not)

anyone else have any warranty horror stories?
>>

my dealership is wicked cool. I have been doing buisness with them for years and we are real close. I go in there, and if I need something, no hassel's, no bitching they do it. I even go in there and they know me by name, and I talk bullsh*t with them. I love my dealership, and I will continue to go back to them [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]