Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Air Bag Warning Light/Blue Driver code reader

Old 07-23-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TexasTom is an unknown quantity at this point
Air Bag Warning Light/Blue Driver code reader

I recently had the pilot seat in my 2004 civic re-padded, where the guy pulled off the fabric skin, shored up the foam in the seat, then recovered the same seat with the same skin. In order to perform this feat, my upholsterer had to unplug the air bag sensing unit under the seat. Now, my air bag light is on. I don't know if this means the air bag won't deploy, or if it's a Honda Only fix, where I've got to take it in to the dealer and let them molest my credit card in an obscene fashion for clicking on a button on the OBDII screen, or if the local Advance Auto Parts guy can clear the code. Any input appreciated. Also, anyone had any luck with the Blue Driver code reader?
Old 07-23-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Air Bag Warning Light/Blue Driver code reader

Codes can be read using the flash method (count the blinks).
Codes can be erased using another connector and method. (search here for airbag diy's)
If code returns after being erased, then you should track down the cause.

Search this Thread