Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Overheating, engine fault code P1361

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
canadacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Overheating, engine fault code P1361

Hey I am new to this forum and having some trouble with my 2002 Civic Si. I have had the car for about a year now but about a month ago the temperature gauge started going over the half way point. I noticed the lower radiator hose was cool while the top one was very hot so I replaced the thermostat. I did a coolant bleed and the new thermostat seemed to open up and the lower rad hose got warm and I haven't noticed any overheating for a few weeks until today. While driving i noticed my temp gauge went all the way up so I pulled over and I noticed that the top rad hose was suctioned up and the lower rad hose was cool. My engine light also came on and a diagnostics test showed a fault code of P1361 Intermittent Interruption In TDC 1 Sensor Circuit and also P1259 VTEC System Malfunction although I am not sure if the latter code is related to the issue because I have gotten it before.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem? Thank you in advance
Old 06-13-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Overheating, engine fault code P1361

Was the coolant low?

if so where did it go?

Leak? Fix the leak and monitor.
Internal burn? (may need new head gasket).
Old 06-14-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
canadacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Overheating, engine fault code P1361

So it ended up being a blockage in the hose. Oops! Im a newbie