Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Replacing AC compressor 2001 CivicLX

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BobStraus is an unknown quantity at this point
Replacing AC compressor 2001 CivicLX

I purchased a new Denso AC compressor with clutch. The plug on Denso has 2 live wires, the original has 1 live wire. Suggestions??? Is there an adaptor that they sell? Can I put the wiring from the old compressor and use on the new?? Something else I can do? Thanks
Old 05-21-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replacing AC compressor 2001 CivicLX

The plug on Denso has 2 live wires,
What are the two wires for? Follow them.

A hot and a ground for the clutch? A thermal protector?

Sometimes you have to adapt as needed using some of the original parts.....but you also have to understand what is necessary to make it operate before you can adapt.

Does it REALLY need a compressor?
Replace that bad fusebox first and see if the AC works again.
Old 05-28-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BobStraus is an unknown quantity at this point

I had an error in my original question. The Denso plug has 3 wires, while my original has only one.

Also, I have 2 civics. This is my car, the one with the multiple issues is my son's.
Old 05-28-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The Denso plug has 3 wires, while my original has only one.
The single wire is for 2001 only.
The 3 wire version is for 2002-05.