Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Multiple codes p0507,p0451, p1129

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thebluecoat is an unknown quantity at this point
Multiple codes p0507,p0451, p1129

Hello Guys,

I have a 2007 Honda Civic EX that just hit 170K miles. I've been battling on and off with p0507 code (engine idle rpm) higher than expected for months and over the course of past few months after trying multiple fixes I've seen it pop up two-three times .

P0507was a code that came up at the same time as p0451 (evap emissions system pressure sensor , swirch range performance) on May5th first time seeing p0451. I attributed the fuel crap to my car at that time being parked on a steep incline and also got gas might have forgotten the fuel cap..

Cleared both codes on May5th, have had no issues until today , May 13th.

The first time I'm seeing the NEW code p1129 (power train, MFG, fuel and air metering : fault 29) and the check engine DIDNT GO OFF (thankfully I have real-time ODB monitoring)

So what my question is: these codes all seem "related" to my original issue of p0507 (throttle body most likely) would a bad one cause these multitudes of codes? Lastly, my brother in law suggested to just "get a cold air intake system and get rid of all that crap, that way you won't have to play games checking this, checking that etc" which seems like it made sense.

Thoughts on what all of this might be? Related to just one system ? Would getting a new CAI seem like the best bet at this point if I'm looking for convenience in addressing the issues and walking away with a tiny boost.

Thank You
Old 05-13-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Multiple codes p0507,p0451, p1129

CAI cannot fix the problems LOL

Lets see here....

P0507, idle rpm too high......
was any work done immediately prior to this code popping up?
Did someone clean out the throttle body? This code may set after cleaning.

Got any vacuum leaks? That will do it.
Check for vacuum leaks ----intake manifold, brake booster, booster hose, evap system lines, leaking purge valve, pcv valve leakage, PCV HOSE LEAKAGE

P1129 MAP sensor higher than expected.....considering the other code set, look for vacuum leaks first, it's probably related

P0451 FTP sensor performance problem, sensor output wasn't correct for whatever the condition was. IDK of a common issue, but if it was SET along with the other code it's possibly related. Also I'd quick look for rodent damage/gnawed wires and hoses around the canister area. (mice are a problem for country folk here)