01 Civic D17A2 idles at 3500 RPM - Honda Civic Forum

Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2015   #1  
Registered!!

lildoo is an unknown quantity at this point
01 Civic D17A2 idles at 3500 RPM

I'm new here, but I'm sure I'll be around for a while. I've always been a huge Honda fan as I've owned several V6 Accord coupes, but this is my first Civic. The car was set up for turbo before it became mine, the previous owner took the turbo off and destroyed the wiring harness and took the ECM with him. I replaced the wiring harness with one from an 02 automatic (I was told it wouldn't make a difference and to just leave the D connector unplugged) and ordered a new ECM. Last week I had the car flashed and it fired up immediately without problem, but to my dismay it idles at 3500 rpm with a surging lope. I disconnected the IAC and cleaned it, nothing changed. Took the battery terminals and hooked them together for 20 mins then fired it up without the IAC installed. It idled down to 1700, but was even more erattic with surging. I connected the IAC back up and it went back to 3500 rpms. Does this mean the IAC is shot? All of this can sound dumb to an experienced mechanic but it's new to me so pleae excuse my ignorance on the subjext as I am learning. All help is severely appreciated
lildoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015   #2  
Modtarded!

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 01 Civic D17A2 idles at 3500 RPM

You sure he didn't change any of the other internals while he was in there? Like the camshaft?
Poopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015   #3  
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

no codes being thrown? I'd take an OBD-II reader to it, just to see if there are any stored codes, as well.
xRiCeBoYx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015   #4  
Registered!!

It was the pvc chamber hose not connected to the intake manifold... Looked at a friends and figured it out. It's odd there aren't pictures easily available for the vacume schematics and such... oh well, thanks yall
Old 04-07-2015   #5  
Modtarded!

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Nice! Gotta love a free fix!
Poopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015   #6  
Registered!!

You're right! Now I'm searching for E.C.M. pinouts for the car... somethings not matching up right
Old 05-02-2015   #7  
Registered!!

It ran good for 3 weeks.drove it last night, jumped from 1500 to 3500 at rest. Removed throttle body, cleaned all sensors. No luck, any ideas?