Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Camshaft Position Sensor / Timing Maybe

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
southerngirl.pt is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Camshaft Position Sensor / Timing Maybe

On my lunch hour a week ago my 03 Civic LX shut off and I had to get it towed home. About six months ago, I had my timing belt and camshaft position sensor changed. It was due for the timing belt and it started shutting off with no warning, nothing. I just shut off. But always started right back like nothing ever happened. I had it tested and got a fule pump code and a cps code. Took it to my mechanic and he did the timing belt and sensor. He was supposed to fix a slight oil leak that I had that just happened to b dripping on the cps but Ofcourse he didn't. Car has been totally fine until two months ago. The car started jerking while I was driving. When I took it to my mechanic ofcourse it wouldn't do it. He told me the car was fine. And wouldn't you no on the way home it jerked. I explained this to my mechanic. He put it on the tester and got catalytic converter codes and cps codes. He said that he had already changex the cps and the catalytic converter wouldn't cause any major problems. Anyway. The jerking became more frequent and the car would loose all power while I was driving. It was always remedied by taking my foot off the gas and then back on. But a week ago it just shut off and won't start back up. It just turns over and won't engage. The timing belt is still on though. Could theps have caused this. And if so, can I just replace the sensor again? But if the timing is off would replacing the cps put my timing in line?
Old 05-17-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Camshaft Position Sensor / Timing Maybe

What are the code numbers?

Has the cam timing been verified to be correct now that it won't start?