Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

took out fuse now care doesnt start help please!!!

Old 12-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
infamousbori is an unknown quantity at this point
took out fuse now care doesnt start help please!!!

ok so heres the deal my dad was installing a new radio in my 2001 honda civic LX and plugged everything up. we turned the car on and suddenly smoke was coming out under the steering wheel. we rearranged the wiring and everything worked out great except the dashboard was blacked out. he checked out the fuses under the hood while the car was still on and took out a fuse and the car suddenly turned off and that green key came on the dashboard. i took out the key and tried to restart the car and now it doesnt turn on so please some one help me out on what to do to get the car back on the road!! we check all the fuses to see which one was burned out and niether one is burnt. the car sounds like its cranking up but just doesnt turn on. help please
Old 12-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: took out fuse now care doesnt start help please!!!

you tripped the immobilizer, I have no idea what made you think removing fuses while the car was running is a good idea.
Old 12-03-2011
Registered!!

soo how do I fix the problem?
Old 12-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Tow it to a dealer and have them reset it.

Hopefully pulling the fuse didn't damage the electronics, but that's totally possible as well.
Old 12-03-2011
Registered!!

damn i had a feeling it was going to be that...everything else works fine. headlights, taillights, interior lights, radio. just that when i stick the key in nothing comes up on the dashboad and i turn on the car and it just keeps cranking but never turns on.
Old 12-03-2011
Registered!!

and is there any way it can be reset without the dealers help?
'
Old 12-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Try disconnecting the battery. Then go have lunch or watch a show and re-connect the battery after. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Otherwise, off to the dealer with you.