Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

03 civic water leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tjr1722 is an unknown quantity at this point
03 civic water leak

hey everyone,
i have 03 civic coupe thats leaking water in the front corners under the dash on both sides. ive been fighting with this for almost a year now and im losing my mind lol. ive tried everything to fix it. its not the windshield or the a/c or anything like that. ive taken it to a auto glass company and everywhere in between. it only leaks if its raining not if you just soak the car with a hose. ive pulled and taken the seats out and i can see the water trail coming from the corners of the passenger and drivers sides. the tech at the auto glass place said that it looks like it could be coming from the fenders. he said the seams look like they were poorly sealed. if anyone has ever had this problem or has any advice id greatly appreciate it. thank you
Old 04-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: 03 civic water leak

More than likely your water drain hoses have come undone. You have 2 in the front draining out under the fenders and 2 in back draining under the trunk. Go get some hose clamps so they won't come undone again. I've included a pic of the driver's side (I had to pull the kick panel to see this).

Name:  waterdrain.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  63.6 KB

Btw: The reason it won't leak when you just put water out of the hose on it is because you don't have a 40mph wind pushing it. Once the you, or the water, is going over a certain speed the air pressure forces the water in EVERY crack. That's why, after a hurricane, the entire inside of the house can be soaked without 1 window being broken.

Last edited by lazlong; 04-21-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tjr1722 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, thanks for the info. where are these hoses at? i cant seem to find them.
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Pic is of the driver's side. Pull off the lower dash cover and stick your head up under the dash while looking at the pillar above the kick panel. On the passenger side it's in the same place but, you have to remove the kick panel too. And unless you have long skinny fingers you're probably gonna have to remove the blower box also.