Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

p-1259

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
screwgbe is an unknown quantity at this point
p-1259

Ok about a month ago I was driving and suddenly it was like my car was dying. I couldnt go over 4500 rpms. My check engine light came on. I went to pep boys and got the code p-1259 vtec malfunction. last week I just changed the whole solenid ..... still same problem. Any help? I know people posted about this problem before, but i couldnt find any that changed it and still have the same problem.

honda civic 2001 ex 1.7l engine
Old 02-19-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: p-1259

is the oil level at max? engine oil
Old 02-20-2011
Registered!!

cetcivic is an unknown quantity at this point

had this same issue with my k-swapped db8.turns out the oilpan and the oil pickup were pushed in.so my mech pulled off the pan,straightened both the pan and pickup.problem solved,vtec was working again and no more choking above 3500-4000 rpms.
Old 02-20-2011
Registered!!

screwgbe is an unknown quantity at this point

K. I'll try it thanks man.