Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

01 Civic Lx and i need HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bbailey2288 is an unknown quantity at this point
01 Civic Lx and i need HELP!!!

Okay so i have a 2001 civic lx. It all started with the car going dead. Assuming it was the altenator by what was going wrong with it we took the alt out and to auto zone, where it was tested as good and the batt tested bad, so we purchased a brand new batt and replaced it. After doing that the batt light was on, the speedometer didnt work, and the check engine light was on. As i was driving it one day the heat and radio went out and the lights were dim. two days later while my bf was driving it, it died again and needed jumped to even start. Back to autozone.. where the alt tested BAD now. SO we replaced the alt and now the batt light is STILL on, the check engine light is on, and the speedometer doesnt work. The tester at auto zone determined that BOTH my 02 sensors are registering bad (which the guy said is very unusual for them both to go bad at same time) and my speed sensor is registering bad. I know that theres a fuse that controls the speed sensor, 02 sensor, the alt and the battery (something like that). So we changed the fuse, and the batt light went out!!, turned the car off, then 2 mins later when we went to test drive it we turned the car back on and the batt light was back on and speedometer didnt work, and when we got down the road to the stop sign it died, but fired right back up. HELP!! has anybody had this problem?!. we are thinking that theres some kind of short in it SOMEWHERE that is blowing that fuse when we start the car? or the computers going out?

PLEASE HELP

Last edited by bbailey2288; 12-05-2010 at 10:19 PM.