Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

very strange problem...can you help???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03civicdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
very strange problem...can you help???

ok, ive had this problem for a little while now(2months or so), but b4 2day unhooking the battery and letting the computer reset fixed it, and now it wont stop. alright heres the problem, the car starts up fine but will bog down in any kind of high rpm...im talking i have to shift up from 2nd to 3rd at 20mph or it will bog down and lose power...my check engine light is on but my rpm gauge wont work at all while running, same for my temp gauge..im stumped....can you help me fix my baby???

oh and by the way, its a 2003 dx coupe with a 5spd, d17y motor
thanks in advance to anyone who helps me
Old 08-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: very strange problem...can you help???

First of all, just ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away. That being said you need to plug a code reader/diagnostic tool in and get the code, like you should have done the first time this happened. Give us the code, usually we can help. Somethings wrong with your car and it went into limp mode and threw a code, that's why your check engine light is on.
Old 08-03-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: very strange problem...can you help???

What he said. Go to an autozone and get the code checked. They should do it for free. After you get that code, post it up and we might be able to help you out.

Oh, and you have a D17A1 motor.