Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Fuel Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluestreak14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel Problem?

i have a 01 civic si and it feels like the engine isnt getting the proper amount of fuel. this problem is completely random and doesnt ever happen under the same conditions everytime. ill be drving along and all the sudden my car looses throttle response and starts to bog out, when i step on the throttle it tries to rev but it sputters and sounds almost like its choking. after a couple seconds the engine becomes responsive again and drive somewhat normal but still doesnt feel like its got the amount of power it should. So far i have taken the fuel pump assembly out and cleaned it. when i took it out i looked in my tank and saw a **** load of sand. i siphoned all my gas out and used a shop vac to get the sand out. once i put everything back in it was running amazing, the idol was perfect and it felt as though the engine had the power it should. Today its back to its old tricks and running like crap. im running out of ideas on what this problem could be. i'm think i may have missed some sand in there or at least im hoping so im going to look again. i also did a fuel line pressure test and it said i had 40psi which i within the 40-47 that is recomended, but when i did the test the car wasnt sputtering or anything. Any ideas?

Last edited by bluestreak14; 07-14-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-17-2010
Registered!!

Re: Fuel Problem?

im going on a 14 hour road trip at the end of the month and i really need this fixed. if anyone knows at least who i should try to contact to fix this problem it would help a ton.
Old 07-17-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

'01 SI? You must have Canadian model. Sounds like the fuel filter again. Clean everything again or buy a new one. I would go new not used. #14 in the pic:http://www.bkhondaparts.com/billkay/...h&hidIrno=|014
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

i already bought a new pump. when i put it in i completely cleaned out my tank and fuel lines, and checked all the seals for leaks, cracks or anything out of the ordinary, and it is still running the same way. i have had a couple mechanics look at it and they replaced my engine ground and battery ground, and they were wiggling around wires while it was idoling trying to see if it would make it worse or better but im still having the same problem which is making me think it may be the ECU or something else electrical and not actually anything to do with my fuel system. i seen some other threads on here with people having close to the same problem but none of them have solutions.
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

sorry, yah si(can) ex(us)
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

I think i found a solution on this forum. going to try these out and see how it goes. https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...ease-help.html
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

cool. ecm is behind glovebox. good luck
Old 07-20-2010
Registered!!

so i did an idol learn and the problem seemed to go away