Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

How to change 2003 honda civic ex distributor cap and rotor

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beefstew226 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation How to change 2003 honda civic ex distributor cap and rotor

I'm trying to find out how to change my distributor cap and rotor. Any adivice is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 06-27-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to change 2003 honda civic ex distributor cap and rotor

youre already done! 01+ civics do not use a distributor based ignition. they have upgraded hi energy coil packs that go over the spark plugs and never need to be changed under normal conditions.
Old 06-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beefstew226 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
youre already done! 01+ civics do not use a distributor based ignition. they have upgraded hi energy coil packs that go over the spark plugs and never need to be changed under normal conditions.
well that was easy!!! your awesome!!! thanks
Old 06-27-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for GBox. I knew there was no distributor but I also always wondered if there were any other parts that had to be replaced as regular maintenance. I know the car also has no ignition wires but does the boot that connects to the spark plug have to be replaced?
Old 06-28-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

that boot is the whole coil pack, and it does everything that wires/distributor/boots do on an older car. either it works or it doesnt, and believe me you will know if it breaks. theyre rated to last the life of the car. only thing that needs changing are spark plugs.
Old 06-28-2009
Premium Member

that boot is the whole coil pack, and it does everything that wires/distributor/boots do on an older car. either it works or it doesnt, and believe me you will know if it breaks. theyre rated to last the life of the car. only thing that needs changing are spark plugs.