Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

02 EX Air Conditioning problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tricky37 is an unknown quantity at this point
02 EX Air Conditioning problem...

Last summer the AC would work for me one day and not the next, this summer we got nothing out of it. I was confident that I just needed to recharge A/C so hooked up the meter from a recharge kit and instead of an expected low reading it was off the chart, like maxed out gauge 350psi or something like that....

Anyone have a clue what the problem is???

Old 09-08-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 02 EX Air Conditioning problem...

yeah our cars cant be serviced with those crappy recharge kits at the auto stores. its mostly for older cars. you gotta take it in to an ac shop and have them hook both lo and hi ports to a machine to drain and refill. and if its not getting cold, chances are you have another problem like leak in the line or some failure either compressor, dryer, or other part. its a closed system and you should not lose any r134a over time unless its leaking
Old 09-12-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hndrider is on a distinguished road

sounds like you hooked it up to the high end. is the system charged? does the compressor kick in when you turn on a/c?

maybe its the pressure switch thats malfunctioning.
Old 09-12-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its normal. and hi pressure port is too big to fit lo pressure connector. i have very high pressure and my ac works fine.