Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

F*cking immobilizer Honda techs please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sollow will become famous soon enoughsollow will become famous soon enough
F*cking immobilizer Honda techs please help

Alright, sooooo.... I lost my only key to my 01 lx. I went to the dealer and paid $47 for a replacement (not a t5 blank, a master copy). They used the honda computer to immobilize it and it told them "system not normal". He said that maybe my immobilizer ring was bad or my ecu is bad, and that there was no troubleshooting it. The only prob. I have with that is if one of them were bad, my original key should not have worked because I would think the starting of the car would use the same link as the chipping??? let me know what you think, thanks

Adam
Old 02-28-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: F*cking immobilizer Honda techs please help

thats crap, if your old key worked, they should be able to make a new one. i think someone needs to make a diy to disable that stupid thing. it doesnt make the car any harder to steal, its usually just a problem for most people.
Old 02-29-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
valant_94gt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: F*cking immobilizer Honda techs please help

th_dwn for the Honda immobilize system.

With my 07 tundra they can plug in their techstream and disable or enable anything. I just had them enable an alarm that I never knew was there until I read about it on my forum. They can also disable the immobilizer system.

ahh foooy. I wish their was a way to do away with it.

v-