Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Clutch won't disengage, fully at least.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XipeTotec is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch won't disengage, fully at least.

On my way to work last night, half way there, stopped at alight. Did as I always do...downshift until I have to goto neutral..stopped at light in neutral..light turns green, put it in first and go...I cannot get out of first..clutch wont disengage...so I pull off road..had to stall it to get it to stop. Try to start the car, clutch in...it lurches a bit...I go open hood to see if I see any fluid leakage Ilevel is fine also, no loss)..I see none..repeat the start attempt..it starts this time but the idle is pulled down by what to me feels like clutch dragging..I shut it off..the car runs fine, well ran..NO slippage of any kind. Hydraulic system failure? Am I right?
Sorry, its in my profile but thats an extra step..
2002 Si, stock, 104k..recent change to GM FM Syncromesh. to my knowledge its the original master cylinder/ clutch ..everything...

Last edited by XipeTotec; 12-29-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12-29-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
Re: Clutch won't disengage, fully at least.

sounds like air in the clutch line or maybe the slave cylinder is almost toast. not an authority on the Si though. try bleeding the clutch and giving it another go

GL man
Old 12-29-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

wHEN MY WOULDN'T DISENGAGE ONCE IT WAS BECAUSE I threw a spring out of the clutch somehow and it was rubbing on the flywheel.

Damn caps. I'm too lazy to change it though. lol
Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

jackscivic will become famous soon enough

look under the dash at the rod that connects back from the clutch pedal throught the firewall. thats the inide ide of the clutch master cylinder. ee if there is even the slightest bit of moisture where the rod connects in. you wont nessicarly ahve low fluid in the resivour but it could be your failure