Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

how rigorously to follow maintenance schedule?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tungstenc is an unknown quantity at this point
how rigorously to follow maintenance schedule?

Since I haven't put a lot of miles on my Civic, I'm wondering how rigorously I should follow the schedule - e.g. my Civic is 5 years old, and has 26K on it. I do oil changes myself every 6 mo, and had the tranny fluid and brake fluid flushed 2 years ago along w/ all the inspection stuff @ 21K. Also had the engine air filter replaced around the same time. According to the manual, @ 5 years, I'm due for pretty much everything it lists except for a brake fluid change.
Old 12-09-2006
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
5 years and only 26k.. holy crap...

mines an 02 with 71k... eesh..

the scheduled maintenance is pretty worthless... oil is good for 3-5k.. tranny fluid is listed at like 60k (i vote for 40k just cuz it feels right)
air filter whenever its dirty... brakefluid... i dunno.. ive changed my brakes twice.. i just let a bunch of fluid drain out and then refill it with new fluid..

*shrug*

thats just my 2bits though..

Quick Reply: how rigorously to follow maintenance schedule?