Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Check Engine: Code P1607

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bellabri287 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Check Engine: Code P1607

Hello,

I have a small issue. I have my check engine light on and I did not notice it untill I looked at my speedometer at a stop light. I went to AutoZone with my boyfriend and we found it threw code P1607. It turns out this is a falut in PCM. I have NO time to get this fixed right now. How long do you think its is alright to drive before taking it to the dealer to fix. I have an extended warranty and the PCM is covered up to 80,000 miles anyways by factory so I'm ok there(or so I have read). Just wondering. If it goes out then oh well but if I can stretch it untill Friday I would like it. The car is not running any diffrently so I think it might be okay for a little bit. Thank you.

Brianna
Old 11-18-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light
You should just try resetting the PCM and see if the CEL comes on again. You can do this by disconnecting the battery for 20 seconds. If the car is still running normal that you might be able to run it this way indefinitely.
Old 11-18-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
it may just be something random, who knows. otherwise the ecu will need to be replaced and those go for $1k+ so i would have it replaced under warranty before it turns into a bigger problem. that thing controls the whole car pretty much.