Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Please Help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
james2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Please Help!!!!!

Okay, I drive an 01 lx coupe. Yesterday I changed the plugs and replaced the a/c - alternator belt. I also wired in an after market oil pressure gauge.
Before doing these things the car ran fine now it is sad. Here is a list of every thing that do not work now:

Tac
Water Temp
Flashing Key will not stop flashing
A/C clutch doesn't engague

The car feels like it gets up to about 3k rpm's and cuts out.
The car is running very rich.
I have a cold air intake, a/f gauge, and volt gauge hooked up before the problem. I have tried everything that is listed already in this forum to find so answer as to what the problem maybe but to no luck.

Can anyone please give me a hand?
Old 09-03-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well the a/f gauge could have messed up your 02 sensor. the tach and water temp gauges are all wire controled. the key light is immobilizer and means there is a problem with the system. does the car even start? any engine light codes? what did you try? did you put the ac belt on properly? leave any sensor harness unplugged?
Old 09-03-2006
Premium Member

I've gone thru all fuses and relays. Nothing left unplued. I don't have a code reader can you suggest one? I also tried to reset the ecu with the method that you posted on a differt thread. As far as the O2 censor would that really cause that much to go wrong at the same time?
Old 09-03-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well it would mostly affect the way the car drives and a/f ratio. code reader, get the cheap one on ebay for $30.
Old 09-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
sounds like you messed up the wiring. changing plugs or the belt wouldnt have an effect like that. How did you hook up your oil pressure gauge?
Old 09-03-2006
Premium Member

I hooked up the oil pressure gauge by taping in the wire for oem sensor.
The car does start.

Last edited by james2001; 09-03-2006 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2006
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
well if it worked before all of this, you did something wrong. I would go back and recheck everything.
Old 09-03-2006
Premium Member

okay went and got OBD 2 code reader and the reader can't connect.
any suggestions?
Old 09-03-2006
Premium Member

uh thats a problem. go find another one. any auto parts store should have it. idk why it wouldnt connect unless the ecu is busted.
Old 09-03-2006
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
autozone will give you yer codes for free.. they wont tell you what they mean.. but ive got a funny feeling that someone around here will be able to do that for you
Old 09-03-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
uh thats a problem. go find another one. any auto parts store should have it. idk why it wouldnt connect unless the ecu is busted.
the ecu wouldnt be the issue. either you dont have power at the diagnostic connecter, the tester is bad, blown fuse, pins loose at connecter.

now first off I would disconnect the oil pressure gauge and again make sure you didnt accidentally go on the wrong wires. as you have stated all your issues have to do with the cluster. tach, coolant gauge not working, key flashing. you messed something up or you have a failure somewhere that magically happened. check your fuses. does anything else in the cluster not work?

You have a fuse that controls the cluster, mulitplex control unit, keyless reciever and a few other things. Its possible that its blown. fuse 9 controls the IC, multiplex unit, data link connecter, immobilizer indicator, keyless unit, security unit. all of these now dont work. even your code reader wont connect. how did you check your fuses? You need to test them electrically.