Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

It got caught...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Derwood is an unknown quantity at this point
It got caught...

Okay, so that guard thing that's on the underside of our bumpers just kind of got caught on something and tore off at some point today. Kind of. There is still some\most of it still hanging on and it's not TOO bad. Is this thing really THAT important? Would it be wise for me to invest in getting a new one? I'm sitting tight on money after everything's been said and done and ever civic in my Father-in-Law's yard has front end damage that has DESTROYED the piece I need. Beyond that- what should I be asking for when calling Honda or looking around on websites to get one? Is it a splashguard, under spoiler, what?
Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

rev125yz is an unknown quantity at this point
i'd imagine its not that important...all it is is a rubber strip to help protect the bottom of the bumper from scratches from debris. in lettin honda know, describe to them as just that: the rubber strip on the bottom of the front bumper.
Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
I dont see any use for it, its just gonna rip rip off again at some point. Just leave it like that.
Old 06-12-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
is it the stupid rubber strip, thats dumb just throw it away, but it hides some of the bolts underneath.
Old 06-12-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I don't have mine on there...And it doesn't affect anything. Hell, I don't even have my plastic underbody cover on either (Not by choice)
Old 06-12-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
I don't have mine on there...And it doesn't affect anything. Hell, I don't even have my plastic underbody cover on either (Not by choice)
yeah im in taht same situation too, but been gogin strong for about 6k like that.