Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

warranty question

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evangelize is an unknown quantity at this point
warranty question

Hi, i have question, because i bought my 01 lx(manual/salvaged title) in 2003, and right now, my 5th gear keeps on popping out of gear and goes to neutral... i was wondering what that could be? could it be my tranny slipping? and would that be covered under warranty? i dont even know if i have warranty or not though.. oh, btw, i have 49,000 miles.. so, yea...
Old 02-14-2006
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
Check to see if you have a warranty first. I doubt you will have one on a salvaged car but who knows. Also if you have one thing modified on the car your warranty is void. BTW your tranny is probly on its way out the door so start looking for one.
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

EM2jdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Slow Gold
Check to see if you have a warranty first. I doubt you will have one on a salvaged car but who knows. Also if you have one thing modified on the car your warranty is void. BTW your tranny is probly on its way out the door so start looking for one.
the modification part is up to the dealership if the want to honor your warranty with the mods and if they like you, but with a salvaged title would a highly doubtful situtation. a standard factory warranty is 3yrs 36,000miles
Old 02-15-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
thats a common problem and there was a recall i believe or at least a tsb.
Old 02-15-2006
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gsr_tech
the modification part is up to the dealership if the want to honor your warranty with the mods and if they like you, but with a salvaged title would a highly doubtful situtation. a standard factory warranty is 3yrs 36,000miles
No man your wrong on that one. Read your warranty if you have one. Its clearly stated anymodification of any sort voids warranty. read my other thread if you dont believe me.
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

Hank_Si is an unknown quantity at this point
Tranny is definetly fu**ed. I had a Jimmy that did that only it happened in 1st gear so I had to start pulling out in 2nd then 2nd gear went so I sold it to some peurto rican dude who towed it away. I believe it was the synchronizers in the tranny. Have fun dealing with any warranty issues.