Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Can someone explainw hy this happens?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ItsTheH is an unknown quantity at this point
Can someone explainw hy this happens?

I had an ABS light issue, where it came on all the time, so I removed the dash and i had an electrical fault on the back that I fixed.

When I turn the car on now, the ABS light is illuminated as normal, I then start the car after the engine warning light goes out, and the abs does it's checks and the light goes out.

I can drive the car up the road at slow speed with no problems, but as soon as the cars speedometer starts to move, the ABS light comes back on.

I have a 94 Civic VTI, have jacked the car up and spun each wheel individually, so I am sure it's not the sensors, and have read the thread that says "take it to a dealer" so please don't falme me. I just want to know why the light only comes on when when the speedo start to move, as the car can run for hours without the light coming on as long as I don't exceed 5 mph....
Old 01-22-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
what was the electrical fault you had with it being on the first time? That also might play a part in it.

But other then that it sounds as if you may a faulty wheel speed sensor at one of the wheels. Just cause you say it comes on once you start to move and the wheel speed sensors monitor each wheels speed. I would take it to a shop and have them check the code for you. If it comes up as a wheel speed code, have them tell you which wheel and trace the wiring in that wheel or replace the sensor.