Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

I'd like to know if I've gone crazy....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation I'd like to know if I've gone crazy....

ok I was looking at the engine bay about 2 weeks ago (i just now got around to taking pics) and I noticed this odd contraption on one of the tranny fluid lines.

It is a rebuilt honda tranny but rebuilt through an outsourced company locally and used frequently by the dealer. anywho.....

my questions are:

What is it? to me looks like a pressure regulator or inline filter but like usual I know I'm wrong. I can't get at a good angle to read the sticker as it is upside down too.....

I want to get one of the tranny coolers through Dezod but will this thing affect it?

and oh yeah which line do I disconnect to attach the tranny cooler when and if i do get the tranny cooler?

^^^^it is under the radiator hose in this pic. this is just a shot of the two lines.
<<<<in this one you can see it.

Last edited by shroomster; 01-03-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-03-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Looks like an in-line filter.... a good idea, actually.
Old 01-03-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
hmm yea is that easy to add? shroomster see my diy for which line to use for the cooler.
Old 01-03-2006

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gearbox
hmm yea is that easy to add? shroomster see my diy for which line to use for the cooler.
yeah i forgot to post I checked your DIY, but I need to know if it will do anything to the added-on filter, if that is what it is.
Old 01-03-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
interesting
Old 01-03-2006
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Gearbox, yes, it's easy to add. And a good idea since it takes out the small "dust" that sludges up the valve body over time. The dust is the worn off friction material from the clutches. It also catches finer metal particles than the screen inside the transmission.

HOWEVER: It needs to be changed because it will clog at some point.... and doing regular transmission flushes is still better than just adding a filter.
Old 01-03-2006

Originally Posted by tinman
HOWEVER: It needs to be changed because it will clog at some point.... and doing regular transmission flushes is still better than just adding a filter.
that is my new question too....how will i go about changing the filter? I'm thinking I call up the place that built it?
Old 01-03-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya ask em where to get filters from