Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

warranty question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STang57 is an unknown quantity at this point
warranty question

sorry if this is a repost but searching didnt show any results and i am a new forum member on 56k so i havent had the time to read all threads. but anyways i own an 02 HX wid the extended warranty package. my parents were told they couldnt get the EX because of credit history, so they settled for the HX. the car is nice but a few things i cant stand. i cant stand the manual crank window, no AC, and no tweeters on the sail panel. my question about the warranty was that if i ever find a pair of EX doors, will my warranty be voided if i put them on? how about installing AC? does anyone know where i can find these parts for a decent price? is it worth it to have it installed by HONDA professionals? also does anyone know what the cost of each would be individually; power window door, tweeter piece, full AC kit? any help is appreciated. thanx
Old 02-07-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
the A/C isnt exactly a DIY type thing, youll probably have to get it installed by honda. if you were to find EX doors, which i dont think would be easy, you might have to add a lot of wiring to make the features work. in the end it might not be worth it unless you know how to do it yourself. you would have to ask the dealer about the warranty effects of doing that.
Old 02-07-2002
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
that's a whole lot of your if u want power windows and stuff. autoloc has some power lock/window kits. i don't know about warranty issues though
Old 02-07-2002
Registered!!

Rebew1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out majestic honda for the door skins and such. On the A/C issue. You might be better off buying a huge block of ice to put in the back seat. Those components are not cheap at all. All the wiring should have been run for the EX door skins, so you probally won't have to do a lot of crap with that. I wouldn't see why it would void the warranty, and for the price you would pay for a dealer to install such items....you might want to start selling your organs on ebay. Stick with what you got, I'm sure you have survived before without these luxuries. Put your money into performance and I.C.E so you can go faster, then who cares about A/C.
Old 02-07-2002
Tomotor

xHoteKx has a spectacular aura aboutxHoteKx has a spectacular aura about
yea, forget A/C.. get performance parts and go faster and keep the window open.. let outdoor cool air flow in. feels alot better than "artificial" cool air.
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

SoFlaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm with xHoteKx.

Leave your HX alone. You've already got one of the rare Civics. Even though you don't have the
big horsepower 127hp EX engine, I think you can get by with "only" 117hp that your HX engine
produces, especially with the weight savings of the coupe body with no extras!

Take care of that HX; it's one of the cooler Civics!